• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first CBH

12 posts in this topic

Go easy on me as its a first time buy

RIMG0159.jpg

RIMG0160.jpg

Its for my 7070 and cost $50 so tell me what I need to know :eek:

The image is too light to tell you all that much, but it appears to have been dipped, it has odd depresions above the eagle's head, looks to have a rim ding near the thirteenth star on the obverse and looks to have hairline issues above the date and below the eagle's outstretched wing.

Thanks Tom, The odd marks around the eagles head look like stretch marks to me. Of course, that is silly but its what they remind me of. The rim ding isn't noticeable in hand but it sure shows up in the picture. I appreciate you taking your time to help diagnose this new type coin for me :cool: And so the road of knowledge begins to unfold for me in this new series :)

Not bad for a first CBH. And u did not pay too much. It is a half decent coin no matter what was done to it.

Since you said "first," I assume you intend to purchase more of these later on. If so, then I think that this is an excellent choice. It gives you something to hold in your hand and study closely, so that you can become familiar with an example of the series, and compare it with other examples, and subsequently make wise purchases in the future. My first, and, so far, only CBH looks very much like yours, and was purchased for that very reason.

Well done. (thumbs u

I actually like it for a nice type example, though it does seem to have some cleaning issues, but heck this series has probably had more coins cleaned, whizzed and otherwise messed with than any other. And the price was really nice for what you got. Be careful though, more than any other series, this one can be addictive!

It's a small 0, and based on the filled A's on the reverse, it is either reverse F or K, but the 50C is not right for reverse F, plus it has the die cracks through United and from S to AM, so reverse K making this an O-113 R.2 in my opinion. Neat coin!

Thanks to all who have responded. (worship) Not only do I get the factual description and observations but I get background information, support, and encoragement. Thats what makes this such a great site. :acclaim: Thanks again