• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will Mark Feld start posting ATS?

22 posts in this topic

Inquiring minds want to know. I am tired of flipping back and forth between sites in order to get Mr. Feld's wisdom on all things numismatic.

Mark-- please save my mouse-clicking finger from further damage.

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!!

Inquiring minds want to know. I am tired of flipping back and forth between sites in order to get Mr. Feld's wisdom on all things numismatic.

The easy solution, of course, is to stay over here.

lol

There would be lots of good reasons to participate here even if Mark were to return to the PCGS boards.

(tsk) I am sorry Mr. Longacre but as Mark will be the first to agree, This belongs in the Tangent forum of the boards..

lol:baiting:

Rumors across the street had him coming back, and the there was a long thread about it. The trouble is it has not seemed to have come to pass yet. It would have seemed by now that he would have regained the ability to post if he was going to get it.

At least over here, you get strikes and suspensions. Unless you are a really bad person, you do not get the can permanently … or so it seems.

Cmon ,,,when does the assimilation occur ?? assimilation.gif

Will he post accross the street if people who stood up for him and got banned are not let back? or people who criticized the banning system and got booted are not let back? All for one and one for all, or to each his own?

"Will he post accross the street if people who stood up for him and got banned are not let back? or people who criticized the banning system and got booted are not let back? All for one and one for all, or to each his own?"

Mark is a great guy who is full of knowledge and seemingly always willing to help, but this near-hero worship that has taken place on the PCGS boards by folks who appear unwilling to participate, or even read, the NGC boards is about the strangest thing I have witnessed in numismatics. I would not have posted to this thread, but wanted to touch on the open questions of whether Mark should not go back to the PCGS boards unless and until others who were banned at approximately the same time, and who were banned partially because of Mark's ban, would be let back, too. To me, this seems like an odd idea to link the membership status of other folks to that of Mark since each person should act in accord with their own beliefs, desires and decisions. In my opinion, it would likely be good for Mark's business to be back on the PCGS boards, though I cannot prove the opinion and realize it can be easily refuted regardless of if the dismissal is true or not.

My guess is that I will not be posting on the PCGS forum again. I haven't been provided with log-in capabilities and suspect that in order for me to be allowed to post there, I'd have to make promises and/or compromise myself in a manner I'm not willing to make/do.

However, I do wish that some of the posters there - even (or perhaps especially) ones I don't get along with - would post over here too. ;)

Regarding my business possibly being affected by my not posting there - I have no way to know, one way or the other, but don't feel that's an issue. I am unaware of any clients who stopped doing business with me since my departure, but if they did, so be it.. Sure, maybe by being absent, I didn't add a few new clients I might have added. But, by NOT posting there I might have kept a few clients I would have otherwise lost. :devil: Additionally, a good portion of my business is wholesale and my two largest collector clients don't post on any coin forums.

Lastly, while I appreciate the fact that Longacre cares, as Patrick correctly surmised, I do think this topic is better suited for the tangents forum (if anywhere at all), so will not be commenting further within this thread.

My question to you, TomB, is why reward the people who run the PCGS with an iron fist for bad behavior? I considerably curtailed my posting over there, because I did not want to give them the benefit of my expertise for free given the way they had acted. I think that is a perfectly logical position to take.

Will he post accross the street if people who stood up for him and got banned are not let back? or people who criticized the banning system and got booted are not let back? All for one and one for all, or to each his own?

To my knowledge, Mark never asked anyone to sacrifice his/her posting privileges on the CU forum as a sign of solidarity and therefore is not responsible for any actions taken on his behalf.

My question to you, TomB, is why reward the people who run the PCGS with an iron fist for bad behavior? I considerably curtailed my posting over there, because I did not want to give them the benefit of my expertise for free given the way they had acted. I think that is a perfectly logical position to take.

Though not addressed to me, my answer would be that you are not giving your expertise to PCGS. You are giving it to other collectors and potentially forming relationships with them. PCGS may be a minor beneficiary as the forum undoubtedly generates some goodwill toward PCGS, but the primary beneficiary is the fellow collector.

Both PCGS and NGC get more benefit from their message boards that you think. Otherwise they would not spend the money to keep them up. Encouraging new collectors one these boards benefits the certification companies because it exands the market for their products.

I have to agree with Bill that both PCGS and NGC generate some direct submissions, but that the true value of the boards is the promotion of the brand name and the loyalty associated with that brand name. Therefore, Bill adds great value to PCGS just as do other informative posters.

I guess my sense of loyalty is different than that of some others. Personally, I think I like my sense of loyalty better, as it is, to me, taking the high road.