• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lastest bad photo score on the Bay.

14 posts in this topic

I just came back from vacation and found my latest bad photo score in my mailbox. I think I did alright, what say you? What would you Barber experts grade the coin. It has nice light gray/champagne toning. Here is the link to the auction, and the photos are the coin I recieved below.

JJ

Bad Photo Score

1916o.jpg

1916r.jpg

I'm no Barber expert, but it looks like an AU 58, and a darn attractive one at that! :applause:

Tell us, have you had any bad "scores", or have you been this successful consistently?

I'm no Barber expert, but it looks like an AU 58, and a darn attractive one at that! :applause:

Tell us, have you had any bad "scores", or have you been this successful consistently?

Well, with any gamble, sometimes you lose. I have recieved some real dogs, but I'm usually not out more than 20 or 30 bucks. I would guess, I make out on about 70% of the bad photo purchases. After awhile, you kind of get a feel for interpretting bad photos. I stay away from key date coins and high dollar coins, to limit my losses when I do strike out. I've financed a fair amount of my 7070 with reselling them and have even added a couple to my 7070.

JJ

Combination bad listing/bad picture:

Auction was titled - 2 NGC Certified Memorial Cents - One MS & One PF. The dates and grades were listed in the hard to see small font subtitle and not at all in the description. I'll take this modern, 1987-D MS68RD, to fill a spot for $53. Anybody want the PF?

4712_1.JPG