• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your basic 1952-S Franklin.

10 posts in this topic

For those of you that don't know the Franklin series, toned 1952-S Frankies typically will tone up in a dull blue-grey look... not a very appealing look. If you are very lucky you might get some golden orange and/or burgundy. The toning on the reverse of this coin is what you might find if you get lucky... some green and some brownish burgundy.

Franklin52S_Rev.jpg

However, as you can see, this coin has just a little more going on than the above colors. It is also technically quite clean for a 1952-S. I would agree with the MS67 grade, although I would call it a MS67-. For a '52-S that is still extremely clean.

For a Frankie toner collector, seeing this coin was a Holy Sh_t! moment. I bought it as a 67 and resubmitted it for the * and, big surprise, it got it. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin52S_Slab.jpg

Franklin52S_Obv.jpg

Franklin52S_Obv2.jpg

In hand it is even more incredible. Not only does it have the beautiful pastels, but has luster up he wazoo. It is an awesome Franklin. (worship) (worship) (worship)

Thanks guys, glad you like it! Thank YOU Bob, for imaging the coin!!!

Yeah, Jason, this is the coin that darn near caused me to pee in my pants when I saw it.