• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coin will you buy?

11 posts in this topic

What coin will you buy with the money the prez and congress want to send you? Rumors of $400-$800 a person have begun to float :sick: so assume its $600. What are you looking for? And don't forget "It's the economy, stupid" :D

I haven't heard this proposal, but assuming they do it, I'll use the money to buy them a book on basic economics so they know this proposal will not work other than to increase inflation and make markets inefficient for a short period of time.

If I get a stimulus check from Bush, it will make absolutely no difference in my coin purchases.

I am upset that the Bush administration policies caused our stock market to lose all of its 2007 gains --- in only the first days of 2008. Note that I will still be voting .

I'm not much of a political pundit (sp) but look at where our economy really is!!!!!! Saudi Arabia is buying our banks, UAE (United Arab Emirates) is buying our banks, Singapore is buying our banks, our dollar is in the tank because the gov't keeps selling bonds/treasury bonds to finance the "give me's", bail outs and rate cuts...........the housing market is s#!t....hell, 600 bones might buy me a coffee shortly.

But to answer the question.....I would love to start a 2 cent collection. I have been thinking about this for sometime now and it is one I may be able to complete as it is a relatively small set.

Regards,

Eric

EDIT: Changed "are" to "is" UAE....yes, sometimes I am anal...............

I am strongly against this handout thing. But, if it does come my way, there are a couple of things I've been wanting to buy, such as a 42" Plasma screen. Man that would be nice, even though the check would only cover a quarter of it.

WARNING: Congress and the President are NOT proposing a handout!

It is a rebate, like the rebates in 2002-2003. If passed, it will be an advance on your tax refund for 2008. So if the proposed $800 per taxpayer rebate is passed, you will receive $800 lower refund in the Spring of 2009!

And Greg... (thumbs u

Scott :hi:

I won't see any of it so far as coins are concerned. My wife will put it in the bank as part of the "general house funds" account, and it will be used for other "less interesting" purposes.