• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A comic collector posting for the first time in a coin forum!

15 posts in this topic

Ok... despite everyone saying that comic collectors are scared of you coinees I have a question....

I have about 7 1932 D Jefferson head nickels uncirculated, what are they worth?

If this is the wrong forum I apologize and I have no inkling as to coin values.

Thanks!

(thumbs u

Ok... despite everyone saying that comic collectors are scared of you coinees I have a question....

Thanks!

(thumbs u

:popcorn:

TRAITOR :baiting:

they are worth approximately

$1++ each depending on the quality of the manufacture

as there where no jefferson head nicks made in 32 at the denver mint in fact no nicks were made at the denver mint in 1932

did you gret them from your family or is this your birth year hm

might they be a lucky 7 newly discovered patterns hm

please send me high quality photos of each coin and then i might have you send them to me for more research if the photos look promising

but i would need the coins in hand sight seen if from the photos i feel it is a good bet for me to see them in hand sight seen

also then i need $250.00 enclosed with the nicks for expertising and handling costs associated with this possible/future hm endevor

welcum to the boards as coins and comics go hand in hand (thumbs u both early classic coins and comics are truly always and ever will be in demand items of the history of the usa :cloud9:

I can't be sure what you have, but there are two Denver issues that could be more valuable, if these are Jefferson nickels, perhaps they are 1938-D nickels, which would be worth somewhat of a premium to the 1938 plain (the Jefferson nickel was first introduced in 1938, so any earlier date would be odd to say the least). If the date is 1932-D, and if it happens to be a quarter instead of a nickel, then again you have something even better as this is one of the key dates to the Washington quarter series and could be worth several hundred dollar each. In any case, this is all speculation on my part unless you can post a photo so we can all see what you really have.

Thanks!

(thumbs u

Welcome to the neighborhood, BF!

Comic collectors are afraid of us? Geez, when I had occasion to visit the Watercooler, some of the CCer's seemed so spaced out that I could visit other galaxies without leaving the CCG website.

As has already been mentioned, no Jeff's were minted in 1932. However, being that I'm in a generous mood, I will give you $7 for all of these counterfeit coins and relieve you of your headache.

Happy New Year!

Chris

I didn't have the nickels in front of me and had forgotten the year. Just remembered that they were in the 30's and were the first Jefferson head nickels.

So... any idea of value of uncirculated ones? They still have a really nice luster to them.

I know a little about coin collecting from my childhood but nothing about certification or any of that stuff.

Hey Buffy ......What you doin over here?.............Yeah ,....I know ,......I once thought that I had a one of a kind coin over here and that I'd be RICH! ,...RICH!! ,..RICH ,..I TELL YA!!!!!!......um,..excuse me......I was squashed down immediatly..............BH....

Honestly, I didn't expect them to be worth that much, it was more of a curiousity thing.

I've had them for a long time and knew when I got them that they weren't worth much.

I don't know anything about having coins professionally graded and don't see myself submitting anything in the near future.

Honestly, I didn't expect them to be worth that much, it was more of a curiousity thing.

I've had them for a long time and knew when I got them that they weren't worth much.

I don't know anything about having coins professionally graded and don't see myself submitting anything in the near future.

It's okay...you can always come back home :acclaim:

The 1938-D Jefferson nickel issue is typically a small hoard type of coin in that this was the first year of issue for this design and many were saved directly from the banks. Therefore, they are generally available in high grade for little premium. However, they are still cool.