• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad news from Shane

39 posts in this topic

Most of you already know that Shane cancelled his plans to attend FUN because he received word that his Mother was dying. The prognosis was that she had a couple of months left. Shane was scheduled to leave for England on Sunday, January 12.

Yesterday, I received a message from Shane that her condition had deteriorated. His Mom was moved to a hospice, and the doctors gave her only a few more days at best. Shane changed his flight, and was scheduled to leave this afternoon, January 8. When I awoke this morning, I found another message from Shane that his Mom had passed at 3:00am.

Words can't express the great sense of loss that Shane must now be feeling. It may have been easier for him if he had the chance to see his Mom once more, but even so, it will still take time for those sad feelings to go away. Now, it is just as important for him to go to England to be with his Dad.

I am so sorry for your loss, Shane, but I hope you can take solace in the fact that your Mother is now in a better place. May God be with you and your family in this great time of need.

Chris Machuga

Shane -

I am so sorry you did not get back to see her before her passing. That is what makes it more difficult than her passing is not being able to say goodbye. With your friends and family's support, the pain does diminish, but HONESTLY it never goes away.

Now is the time to Remember and Celebrate her life because during this sad time, its taking solace, that she is now feeling no pain and in fact is

in a much better place.

With sincere condolences to you and yours, from Me and Mine.

Mike, Carol, Stephen and CJ

( Thanks Chris )

This is sad news. My Aunt passed in Florida and she was gone before anybody could get there . My Fther got the News she had been admitted to the Hospital and was gone before he could get there.

My Father passed away last year. He had been on Kidney Dialysis for several months and I did get to see him for a few months even though he was in Texas and I am in Florida.

It is still Painful whether you are expecting it or do not receive any warning.

It sure puts things like "coin collecting" into proper perspective.

Amen.

So very sorry, Shane. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

My heart goes out to you, Shane. This has been a very trying year for you. :sorry:

My mom died a year and a half ago and I'll always regret that I never had a chance to say goodbye. But her love and her memory lives on with me and many others.

Time is the great healer. The loss you're feeling now will fade with time and your love will just grow stronger for her.

Be strong and of good cheer because the last enemy to be destroyed is death!

Victor

• Administrator

Shane,

I am saddened to hear about your mother. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very difficult time.

Shane,

I am so, so sorry for your grief. Many know the feelings you are experiencing, but no one can grieve for you. Your family will be in our prayers. I hope your travel is safe. God bless.

Jim and Molly

(Thanks Chris for allowing us to offer our meager wishes)

Shane, you have my thoughts and prayers in this difficult time. Your mothers' memories will be one of her greatest gifts over the coming years. Hang in there brother, there are a lot of people supporting you in this dark hour.

I'm sorry to read of your loss, Shane. Please feel free to use those of us who have been in a similar situation as a resource.

I'm sorry to read of your loss, Shane. Please feel free to use those of us who have been in a similar situation as a resource.

I have never before heard of 'Life Experiences' being termed as a 'resource' but in actuallity I guess it is ... Nice Phrasing there Tom :golfclap:

My condolences to Shane and his family. May they find comfort in the good times and memories they've shared.

Scott :(

Sorry for your loss Shane. They say the Lord only gives you what you can handle. You must be one strong person. Hang in there my friend!

Shane , you certainly have had a heavy load to bear over the last two years ....not really knowing much of anything to say that could possibly lighten your load , I offer condolences and some simple verse for perspective .

Count your fortunes not in wealth

Health is only conditions

Remorse and regret are only after

Income is no measure

Self-sorrow hides the truth

Trying is all that matters

Be that as it may

Eternal hope abounds

With every step forward

Incremental gains are made

Try each step

Heave your burdens aside

Your fortunes are in Knowledge

Ours in knowing you and Thou

Ultimately and forever

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers everyone......I guess it was a good thing for her that she went quickly.....it was just tough on the family as we had no time to prepare. Right now I am in England helping my dad through this difficult time......we remember the good times and that's what keeps us going.

:cloud9: