• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is one of my dream coins, and I have finally acquired one!

24 posts in this topic

It might not be much, but I have wanted an Isabella Quarter for ever; ever since reading about it in the red book. Of course, back then my collection consisted of coins that cost mostly under five dollars, and I dreamed of being able to buy one of these. The Isabella Quarter and the Lafayette Dollar were the two that I wanted. I have yet to own a Lafayette, but this Isabella just came in the mail yesterday:

1893%20Isabella%2025c%20Obv.jpg1893%20Isabella%2025c%20Rev.jpg

This one took me a while to find. Most of the circulated Isabellas that you see are cleaned or have no character at all. This one fits nicely in with my other commems. :grin:

Zach

This one took me a while to find. Most of the circulated Isabellas that you see are cleaned or have no character at all.

Zach, you did the right thing. Your coin, to my eye anyway, was not cleaned nor does it lack character. It seems ti display the right characteristics of a 100+ year old coin. Yes there is wear in the higher reliefs but dang - the lettering is sweet as is the edging (forget the term for that edging) but is nice.

Looks like a really honest coin.

That's not a coin you see often in a nice problem-free circulated condition. That is a coin to be proud of Zach, and I'm glad to see your patience rewarded with such a nice coin. Congrats!