• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can this coin be saved?

16 posts in this topic

It's hard to imagine that a coin like that wouldn't look silly with "conservation". And even if it could be "saved" the cost would be high relative to the vale of the coin. Why not pursue one which you are happy with, as is?

I agree it looks corroded but also looks as tho' the corrosion has gotten into the metal in some spots. If you're looking to purchase, I would look for a better coin. This coin looks to be no better than EF and only about a $90-120 coin. With the corrosion, you could never get it slabbed by a top tpg in my opinion.

Hey, guys, thanks for the response. I wasn't actually looking to buy it, I just noticed it on the D.L. website, and thought I might use it to further my education. Incidentally, I didn't see the end, but I think it went for around $50.

From the picture, I do not see any problems withe this coin. It does have dirt on it (as many Bust halves do), but that can be removed through conservation. If there is any corrosion on the coin, then it cannot be corrected, nor would it be worthwhile.