• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does ngc sometimes....

6 posts in this topic

take the money right when they recieve? ive sent in about 8 times and everytime they charge my card it is when submition hits qc. but this time they took there part and it isnt even sceduled for grading :( almost caused me an overdraft.

They almost always hit my credit card when the coins arrive at NGC. I have a bunch of submissions that arrived on 12/28/07 and are still in the Received stage and my credit card has been hit as of 1/2/08.

However, I have had times where they did not hit the card until after I received the coins back.

I am curious about something. I have been following my Morgans that I sent in several weeks ago and they just went to grading.

I sent in a 1880 S and paid the $7.00 for the possible VAM. I checked and none of the coins have a grade yet but the 1880 s does have a VAM 11 after it as well as 0/9.

I guess this means that if a coin is scheduled for Variety Plus that the Vam is first checked before it goes into grading otherwise why would it just be "scheduled for grading"?

Varieties are attributed before the grading process. That's why they still charge you for this service even if the coin is bodybagged. They've already done the work beforehand.

I guess this means that if a coin is scheduled for Variety Plus that the Vam is first checked before it goes into grading

I believe this is correct. I have had dollars with VAM attribution listed and then had the coin 'bag'.....

Paul