• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New photo style... Volume 2! - Guess the Grade as well!

10 posts in this topic

I tried a few new things with my camera today. Used my Oregon Half as a subject. My photos used to come out very small, but I changed the settings on the camera, and they all come out nicely now. I used ambient sunlight from an open window to light the slab. What does everyone think? Which set of photos do you like better? One, I tilted the slab a little toward the light, and the other is tilited away from the light. Also, care to guess the grade?

Set 1 - Tilted toward the light

Obverse2.jpg

Reverse1.jpg

Set 2 - Tilited away from the light

Obverse1-Darker.jpg

Reverse2-Darker.jpg

I like the first set better. Coin is underlit, but that is just me. I grade this ripped native american, MS63 because I cannot see it well in the photos. (surface wise) Looks to be a very nice coin!

a little washed out looking Chad...I have found that practice is the only teacher with coin photography..and each metal and finish requires a different light and technique..

a little washed out looking Chad...I have found that practice is the only teacher with coin photography..and each metal and finish requires a different light and technique..

You are not kidding! Practice till you die!

I think anytime someone tries something new it is a good thing. That is how I have come along in my photo taking. I like the new photos.

Thanks Bruce. I will continue to practice. (thumbs u

Thanks Bob. I think problem is still distance and lighting issue, which i am working on. I am working with an older model Olympus camera. May have to confiscate wife's newer one. :eek::devil: