• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Coin Bald Eagle set to debut Jan. 15th 2008 will you....

17 posts in this topic

be a buyer of this set ? CoinWorld reports that pricing for this set is still to be determined. Dollar coin will be silver, $5 coin will be 1/4 oz. gold and half dollar will be clad.

CoinWorld also reports that this set is the only commemorative coins to be issued in 2008.

Sign me up for one proof set and one uncirculated set !

I think the designs actually look really cool. Though of course the Mint could really $¢rew 'em up when they actually put the sketches into metal. The only designs (of the 6) I don't like are the reverse on the silver and gold coins. I realize that they have historic significance, but the silver one (the seal of the US around 1800) looks like a rubber chicken, and I'm sick of the current seal from Kennedies.

I'll probably buy at least the clad and silver.

I think the reverse for the silver coin is one of the most ugly things I've ever seen on a coin.

Interesting, isn't it, how the same bird can be represented so differently? The obverse eagle looks so majestic and lifelike, while the one on the reverse looks anorexic and cartoonish. Hopefully, that design will get modified.