• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your Proof Franklin Half Dollar Collection

67 posts in this topic

Sy, you have to leave that 1958 Frankie in your set to me in your will. Please.

Jason, that is the sellers image and IMO is a little juiced on the contrast. Having said that, it does blow away the frost/contrast you'll see on pretty much any other '58 around.

Thanks Bobby and Irvin. It is NGC PF68 Cam. I sent it in for a ReGrade, thinking it has a small chance for DCam. But also knowing that the odds were long since none are graded 68 DCam. It came back the same grade. I was at least hoping for a new holder, since the present one has scratches all over the place. Didn't get that either. doh!

The FBL designation is not assigned to proofs, because they are almost always well struck. Special care is taken in striking a proof, and you see it well struck much more often than not. Likewise, you will not see a proof nickel designated Full Steps, or a proof dime Full Torch.