• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elephant token missing?

87 posts in this topic

As I have told others in the past, this text-based medium encourages misinterpretation of posts on occasion since many of us are either near-strangers or slightly more than acquaintances and we cannot share tone of voice, inflection or body language. .

so that's why I hate you so much???

No, there's no misinterpretation that causes you to hate me so much, I've earned it. hm:insane::o

aww gee Tom, I don't really hate you.... :makepoint:

I can't beleive they would just close a case. Unless I'm mistaken, I thought I read in the post that they had received this coin correct. I would think that there would be some kind of insurance claim somewhere. I know it wouldn't replace the coin, but at least some sort of compensation.

I want to hear what NGC has to say about this.

The first post has NGC's statement: They reviewed the video of the packaging and said they did everything correctly.

I can't beleive they would just close a case. Unless I'm mistaken, I thought I read in the post that they had received this coin correct. I would think that there would be some kind of insurance claim somewhere. I know it wouldn't replace the coin, but at least some sort of compensation.

I was under the impression that NGC would accept a coin for evaluation ONLY if there was an amount of $$ assigned to the coin, and that coverage for this amount was then included in the fee.

The first post has NGC's statement: They reviewed the video of the packaging and said they did everything correctly.

Did that pertain just to opening the package upon receipt, or also to sealing the package for return shipment? Shouldn't there be some insured value for the item, while at NGC's premises and for return shipping?

I don't consider that NGC's statement unless they make a statement themselves

I agree with Mike King. The story still sounds fishy to me.

Agreed. I mean all they have to do is login and at least there will be a record of the order. It is not hard to setup a login and check the order status....

MM

I don't consider that NGC's statement unless they make a statement themselves

But you are not a party to the transaction so they most likely will not comment about it with a third person.

How was it shipped back? Registered insured? Just insured? have you made a claim with the Post Office? (Of course you may have a problem if the piece was determined to be a copy by NGC. That would make it over insured and the PO could deny coverage for more than the amount a copy is worth. (Sentimental value is not coverable.)

One thing I would like to know is exactly what NGC had to say about the coin. Could you give us the invoice number so we can look it up and see what they said?

How was it shipped back? Registered insured? Just insured?

NGC ships Registered Insured unless you specifically request USPS Express or FedEx.

If, indeed, all correspondences in regards to this post were to be true, what exactly would the postal services insurance be liable for? The box was delivered to the recipient as promised, as was told. It is not the USPS's concern whether the box were empty or not. The sole liability, if any, would fall on NGC or the customer who opened the un-damaged box that USPS delivered-signed for. If NGC has film of the coin being sealed in the box(which is really cool if so), then I would feel they would not be held liable by a court. That leaves the customer, who either(now assuming all is not true) 1) lost the coin while opening the box(in front of a witness), 2) never sent the coin to begin with, 3) got caught up in a game of fibs for funs sake or 4) is the victim of a great conspiracy by NGC. All of this could be answered by the seven digit number from the upper right of the gold sheet with which she filed the submission-I would bet it is never posted(I could be wrong and I hope to be so). JMHO

According to Candace, the item, which NGC had determined not to be genuine, was shipped via Fedex. Here is part of a previous post of hers:

NGC still haven't found my coin. They are contacting Fed ex to get them involved. They as well feel the coin in not genuine. ....
In the event that the item is not located, hopefully she will receive some compensation under NGC's insurance policy.

OK so it went FedEx, that means no insurance from them, and according to NGC their video shows that it was in the box when it was shipped. That lets NGC's insurance off the hook Seems to indicate that it was stolen enroute in which case Candace gets no compensation.

OK so it went FedEx, that means no insurance from them, and according to NGC their video shows that it was in the box when it was shipped. That lets NGC's insurance off the hook Seems to indicate that it was stolen enroute in which case Candace gets no compensation.
I disagree. Part of the (private) insurance coverage is for shipping and this very type of situation.

So it's not found. What is NGC out for a fake token? $20.00?
Good question, Pat. If an insurance value was filled in on the submission form does it become meaningless if the grading company determines that a coin is counterfeit?

And what happens if a genuine coin is lost or stolen and the listed insurance value is way too high based on the grade that was actually assigned by the grading company?

I disagree. Part of the (private) insurance coverage is for shipping and this very type of situation.

I am not positive of this, but I was under the assumption that if NGC ships a coin back to the submitter via FedEx, it is the submitters responsibility to obtain insurance on the shipment, not that of NGC. The submission forms ask for account numbers and insurance limits, so that is why I have been assuming this.

I am not positive of this, but I was under the assumption that if NGC ships a coin back to the submitter via FedEx, it is the submitters responsibility to obtain insurance on the shipment, not that of NGC. The submission forms ask for account numbers and insurance limits, so that is why I have been assuming this.

Greg, I believe that is generally correct. However, I think (that at least some point in the past) provisions could sometimes be made for NGC to ship under their Fedex account and bill the submitter.

Well to tell you the truth, I've never seen an elephant token, let alone the posters pics of thier coin. I was curious as to what they looked like. If anyone else is curious, I found this link. elephant tokem

Awesome... A black circle! :P