• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reupped my subsription to NGC, and what did I get?

19 posts in this topic

A lousy Presidential dollar- not even certified It's Brilliant Unc. Why could they not spend the extra 2 sec to certify it? I didn't even want to spend the money because the free submissions always come back Bodybagged, and now this screw NGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lousy Presidential dollar- not even certified It's Brilliant Unc. Why could they not spend the extra 2 sec to certify it? I didn't even want to spend the money because the free submissions always come back Bodybagged, and now this screw NGC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hold back.....tell us how you really feel hm

Seriously.....do you really need a gift? You want to use there service to have coins graded and you got grading certificates......now your not happy with the certificates becuase your coins are getting BB'd which tells me you may want to invest in books and take a more proactive approach to educating yourself on detecting cleaning, AT, altered surfaces....or what ever the problem is that you keep running into?

Then purchase some nice original, problem free coins, submit them with the certificates......and then enjoy the fruits of your labor when the coins come back holdered :applause:

I've got more books then you could read, Knowing the coins would get bodybagged you would think they would give you something extra. I've submitted plenty of coins with and without the free certificates funny how when there not free they don't bodybag them. SMF

I received one, too. So what! It will make a great gift to give to someone else. How many other companies give you gifts for your business. Oh, sure, they'll give one to a newcomer, but after that they don't care. NGC does it every year. Besides, the Free Grading Certificate is worth $150. It isn't NGC's fault that you choose the wrong coins to submit.

Just recently, I used my certificate to submit some Morgan dollars. I will be using the results as the basis for a thread so I can't give you any specifics at this time, but I will tell you that none of them came back bodybagged.

Look at it this way. You get the certificate; you get the gift, and you get to participate on these forums where ther is a wealth of information at your fingertips just for the asking. I don't know what more you could want.

Chris

These forums are free And I don't really care what anybody sais, I'm pissed off and weather you care or not really doesn't matter to me, I know what they do with the free submissions I've had coins come back body bagged, resubmitted and put in holders.When I want grading advice I'll ask you for it.

I've got more books then you could read, Knowing the coins would get bodybagged you would think they would give you something extra. I've submitted plenty of coins with and without the free certificates funny how when there not free they don't bodybag them. SMF

I'd like to test this theory. Please send me your certificate and I will submit some of my own coins. We'll see if they get bodybagged since the grading cost is free.

I'd like to test this theory. Please send me your certificate and I will submit some of my own coins. We'll see if they get bodybagged since the grading cost is free.

Greg, if they see his name on the certificate, they just may very well bodybag your coins. lol

Chris

I've never had a coin sent in via the "free" grading certificates get bagged. They all come back in holders at the grades that I expected. They must not like me. :sorry:

As I have been told many times, this post is worthless without photos of the coins.

Please, your post doesn't need pictures and isn't worthless...you shouldn't be harsh on yourself.

The thread, on the other hand, should have pictures ;)

I agree. When I got my first free Certificate I sent in 5 A.S.E. One came back in a holder as a Struck thru error in MS69. One came back as a Body Bag and the other three were MS69. The error coin is a 1987 A.S.E.

I used the coins as an indication of what to look for in grading. I sent in five Morgans when I first started with the Morgans.One is an 1878.It was not body bagged but only came back as a AU58. One was body bagged for scrartches. I went out and bought a magnifying glass and a loupe and used the five as a learning tool.

I had to ask questions on this forum as I was confused regarding the situation on VAMS but received really good advice.I recently went through some raw Morgans and using the experience cherry picked several of them.I sent in a 1878 S . I am sure that it has not been cleaned and it has no scratches. . I think that a few are VAMS.

You can read all the books but if you can't apply them then they do you no good.One of the five Morgans with the 1878 above came back as an 1896 MS64.The value of the coins by a small portion exceeded the cost of all five coins including the grading fees but most of all establisehed a learning curve.

His rants seem to me to be both childish and un-informed.

I think that if I had a lot of coins getting BB'd there Richard, I'd post them here before I ever even sent them to get others opinions. I have not felt any experience with this first-hand as I have never submitted a coin for grading, but I can imagine your frustration if you're getting alot of BB'd coins. The prez dollar was a freebie and certainly no-one can complain about getting something free. The BB'd coins can cost a considerable amount of money if it seems that you are getting alot of these. I can only suggest to use the forum to help with your decisions for submittals more often. Sometimes we tend to stare at our coins too long and may miss things that another's objective eye might be able to spot easier. Try to turn your frustration into a positive attitude to enable you to learn from your coins better instead of blaming NGC. I'm not saying they didn't make a mistake here and there, but let it be something that you can benefit from instead of condemning the business. I've seen some coins that I would have bought if not for this forum changing my mind that would have BB'd if I had sent them in. I'm thankful for the knowledgeable members and friends here that look out for each other's best interest. Good luck Richard.

Your coins being rejected by NGC has nothing to do with the use of the certificate. There are instances where I have had a coin rejected and subsequently graded and I find it annoying, but I believe it is inaccurtae to claim it is intentional.

These were all on the 5 free coupons.

LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Proof Grade Strike Char Comments

001 1896 S$1 MS 64

002 1880 S S$1 MS 65

003 1880 S S$1 MS 64

004 1886 S$1 MS 63

005 1924 S$1 MS 65

I never got my pres.dollar though.. hm

My recent 5 "free" submmissions......

001 2006 W EAGLE 20TH ANNIVERSARY G$50 MS 70

002 2006 W EAGLE 20TH ANNIVERSARY G$50 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO

003 2006 W REVERSE PF EAGLE 20TH ANNIVERSARY G$50 PF 69

001 1903 S $20 MS 62

002 1915 $10 MS 63

I have never had a free one come back bodybagged either. But if I did, I would use it to learn why it did not grade, and educate myself on the subject.

I think my signature line sums it up....

PS: As for the presidential dollar, take it to a coin club meeting and give it to a kid just starting out and watch his or her face light up......That is what I will do with the one I got.... :grin:

I am not Richard but basically you said the same thing. You have to look on it as a learning experience.I really didn't was the Presidential holder coin but it was a nice gesture.

One poster has already mentioned that the voucher could be worth as much as $150.00

This post is worthless, with no merit what so ever please disregard everything I said, I was drunk and being a real jerk. NGC thank you for my free coin. I regard NGC as the best grading service out there and am very sorry for the disrespect.

I'll tell ya what, that takes alot of strength to post what you just did Richard. I commend you for your post and you still have my respect. (thumbs u