• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Liberties for 2008!

11 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one's posted this already, the design were released for the 2008 First Spouse coins, and there are two Liberties for next year, one for Jackson (CBH Obverse) is really nice, and the seated design is on Van Buren's.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/firstSpouse/index.cfm

Man too bad I can't afford this Gold. I'm not really interested in the Spouse Gold but I do like what they are gonna do to Jackson and VanBuren's coins.

I've never really been into the medals. I've seen alot of them posted here and thought they looked pretty neat. That's a thought tho'. Thanks Scott!

I've never really been into the medals. I've seen alot of them posted here and thought they looked pretty neat. That's a thought tho'. Thanks Scott!

Personally I would have been much happier if they'd decided to complement the "Golden" Presidential dollars with silver First Spouse coins with higher max mintages. That said, I'm fine with the medals as an affordable option and I plan to eventually buy them and get a certified set. I veiw them as an extension of the Presidential Dollars set so I feel the need to get them, plus that Jackson coin is just awesome. :) If I can scrape up the cash the Jackson coin might actually be worth buying in gold.

Mike,

You just have to wait until they are released, which for these two would be in the second half of the year (my guess would be late August and November), then try to order them online amid the rush of orders! The may sell out early, but with the Jefferson Liberty, they were surprisingly available to the average collector after the first day's chaos.

PS- the only problem I see with the Jackson coin is I can't see the clasp on Liberty's robe, and we know how important that design aspect is to grading CBHs!

I like the xxxx's Liberty ones. I may have some extra cash so I may get them. By the way, according to the Mint's site, Dolly Madison is still available ... 3 weeks after it's release.

yes, it would be a shame to see an insult to the design, wouldn't it.

Um, duh? Have you seen Jefferson's Liberty? The relief on that thing is so depressing for such a beautiful design. The Mint's relief these days just plain sucks.

hopefully, just a lighting issue in the photograph.

Photograph? This is an artists rendition not a picture of a real coin. And blowing the image up 200%, everthing is fairly clear and I don't see a clasp.