• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Hall Rare Coins advertisement

16 posts in this topic

1937 Buffalo Nickel, PCGS MS67

"A brilliant, steel-blue Gem with gorgeous, matte-textured surfaces. Last year of the Buffalo nickels and a quality way to end the series. Only three pieces have graded higher.........$495"

Somebody send them a Redbook quick!

27_laughing.gif

Give the guy a break. After he got rid of Bowers there is no one left at CU that knows anything about actual coins. The rest are hypsters and used car salesmen.

1937 Buffalo Nickel, PCGS MS67

"A brilliant, steel-blue Gem with gorgeous, matte-textured surfaces. Last year of the Buffalo nickels and a quality way to end the series. Only three pieces have graded higher.........$495"

Somebody send them a Redbook quick!

27_laughing.gif

For a 38-D that price is out of line, but for a 1937? Seems alright.

Brad, read the description again 27_laughing.gif

I'll help him out. First few words of the second sentence of the description. Starts with "Last year..."

Brad, read the description again 27_laughing.gif
Whoopsa-daisy. I missed that. Between reading about the steel blue surfaces and all I didn't put two and two together. tonofbricks.gif

Do you think that the PCGS weenies who that think that David Hall is THE god of numismatics will notice? hi.gif They’ll be writing out a $30,000 check for a 1962 PCGS Proof-68, Red cent that will help them get to the top of the PCGS Registry. insane.gif

Who cares if the grand guru of PCGS doesn’t know that there were Buffalo nickels minted in 1938? 27_laughing.gif All than matters is PCGS POP-1 thumbsup2.gif

I've got a nice 1908vdb Lincoln cent for sale.

Hmmm - I've got a SET of 1858 Indian Head Cents - maybe we can work out a "trade" (Have an 1863 Bronze IHC too).

Hey!! You guys are always picking on HRH makepoint.gif- It's a common mistake foreheadslap.gif - lots of newbies think that because the Jeffs started in 1938, that the Buffs ended in 1937. Heck, I kept a roll of Unc 38-D Buffs for years waiting for everyone to find out about my great "error" coins - I was even going to run a B. Max Mehl ad offering to buy any one that you had to sell until I looked at the Redbook & found out that there 7 million (well, I was only 10 at the time so I was lucky, they wouldn't take my ad - something about minors).

I wonder if HRH thinks the last year they made those Lib nickels was 1912? confused.gif (Probably not, there's been too much publicity lately).

I also always like how HRH quotes what the population is at the next grade level. Gee, imagine, the second most common buff at the MS67 grade level has only three (at PCGS) graded higher!

tongue.gif Hoot

in honor of this inauspicious occasion, phatty has composed a short poem:

ever revered mr. hall

an enigmatic knowitall

last year buffs?

botched description?

does someone need

a good prescription?

pills-01.jpg

shocked.giflaugh.gifshocked.gif

in honor of this inauspicious occasion, phatty has composed a short poem:

ever revered mr. hall