• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To the grading staff - thank you. - Pics added

22 posts in this topic

happyjack.jpg

happyjack2.jpg

For years, I've been actively searching for the right 71 proof JFK (what Kennedy fan hasn't). I was fortunate enough to come across an unopened box of 5 -1971 sets in the inventory of a retired dealer last month. Upon inspection, the halves in two of the sets were typical one-sided cams. The third half had a tiny flaw on the shield. The last two coins were drop dead make my palms sweat gorgeous. Prior to submission, I looked at the census, and realized NGC had only assigned Ucam to 2 1971 halves, and both graded PR-68. I submitted the two halves, knowing in my estimation they were the finest 71's I had ever seen, with zero hairlines, pristine fields, and very cameo reverses. My invoice posted today, and I am very proud to report both coins graded PR-69 Ucam. Kudo's to the grading team for ignoring the census and grading these pieces on their merits. I'm very proud of the result, but I'm also very comfortable in the knowledge you will grade based on the coin's merit to the exclusion of all other factors. These two should look great in the holder.:D

Thanks All,

Don Heath

You know what I love about this forum? In addition to the incredible knowledge displayed by its many participants, it's stories like yours in which, time after time, we see that a person needn't be related or beholden to someone at NGC in order to receive consistent, fair, and professional grading services. That enhances my confidence that, when I submit my coins and spend my $$$ on NGC grading services, it's the coins and only the coins that NGC evaluates. That's important to me.

And by the way, congratulations on a fabulous outcome, Don. If you're so inclined, please post a pic when you can!

Beijim

You know what I love about this place? That there is a dearth of whining and general negativity in the posts.

BTW, Don, congrats. (Even though I really have no clue as to what you're talking about beyond that you seemed to have scored a major hit in the JFK series!)

EVP

Thanks all.

Beijim, that's exactly how I feel.

EVP - thanks, but I don't want to be remiss. Here's my obligatory whine. On the same invoice I sent an 1862 Indian cent that was bagged. It is a nice AU details coin that had scratches in front of the portrait that had been poorly disguised by artificial toning. It probably made it into an NCS holder. Why are they always picking on me. lol

Congrats to you Don! Words of advice! (not that you don't already know) Be sure a dedicated NGC collector gets the extra! (if you sell) And two, get your moneys worth no matter! But if the big bucks win out, go for it! What did I say? Who knows? 893blahblah.gif

A kill like this does make a guy wonder. Same goes for the nickel, tough date to find in heavy cam, although, I have one.

Again, nice going! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Leo

Carl, have you been talking to my wife! lol Actually, I spend half day a week, plus about an hour per evening online. I've just been lucky enough lately to find a few nice coins this year. grin.gif

You know what I love about this forum? In addition to the incredible knowledge displayed by its many participants, it's stories like yours in which, time after time, we see that a person needn't be related or beholden to someone at NGC in order to receive consistent, fair, and professional grading services.

Beijim

What do you mean Beijim? Don is Rick Montgomery's first dog's first owner's ex-wife's first husband's best friend's second cousin's first son, three time removed.

Talk about relations, Don has it in the bag, I'm sure! 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

Oh, congrats Don! It's this kind of post that makes me search proof sets from 1950-1977. Some of those dates have virtually no cameo/UCAM coins - all brilliant, as I'm sure you know. Way to go! thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

What do you mean Beijim? Don is Rick Montgomery's first dog's first owner's ex-wife's first husband's best friend's second cousin's first son, three time removed.

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

You know, Hoot, I did forget to mention that I clean the NGC company swimming pool. Maybe that's why I've been receiving all those MS70s... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Beijim