• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this type of listing permitted under Ebay's current policy?

14 posts in this topic

Mark,

Someone is bound to come along and correct me, but I believe it is within the auction header/title the grade cannot be stated. His title- although extremely misleading (as certainly the coin is neither of a high quality nor is it, "BU") probably is within the eBay policy and procedures.

Again, that's my gut, as I don't completely understand the somewhat complicated rules that govern coin sales of what can and cannot be stated within the auction text.

Mark,

Someone is bound to come along and correct me, but I believe it is within the auction header/title the grade cannot be stated. His title- although extremely misleading (as certainly the coin is neither of a high quality nor is it, "BU") probably is within the eBay policy and procedures.

Again, that's my gut, as I don't completely understand the somewhat complicated rules that govern coin sales of what can and cannot be stated within the auction text.

That was my feeling as well. As long as the numerical grade is not listed in the title, I think it's okay.

I agree with the others. As I understand it, you cannot list a numeric grade in the title unless the coin is slabbed by NGC/ICG/ANACS/PCGS. However, you are free to list a numeric grade in the auction body regardless of certification.

1880 O VAM 1 is a small 'O'

1880 O VAM 2 is a medium 'O'

I've not noticed a 'Micro O' listed anywhere.

Well, if a slabber can grade an AU coin as MS66, as he/they did in this case, he/they can sure come up with a "Micro O". :(

Excuse me but deception is deception weather its in the title or description

I reported it anyway

What a Load of that coin is ...

of course thats only MY opinion :)

Mark,

In addition to your question re:legalities, what about this seller, can they slide the grade in as a "formerly NTC MS64" or not?

That is a breakage of the rules as NTC is not a recognized certification company thus its grade cannot be mentioned in the title.

Reported also ... boy am I in a Mood Today ... :)

Mark,

In addition to your question re:legalities, what about this seller, can they slide the grade in as a "formerly NTC MS64" or not?

EBAY

That looks OK to me since it is a PCGS coin and thus meets the certified coin requirement. I don't see that the inclusion of "NTC" adds or enables the seller to get away with anything, under the circumstances. That said, I don't know if Ebay shares my view.

Mark,

I certainly hope they don't report the PCGS auction that list "NTC" in the auction title. The original auction, the one that started this thread, needs to be ratted out. The "PCGS/ NTC" one doesn't, IMHO.

There's reporting bad auctions to the eBay authorities and then there is simple tattle-telling- a trait that is not so desirable, I'd think, among our community.