• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just warming up a spot here on the Forum...

94 posts in this topic

Looks like Braddick will be spending all his time on these forums instead of splitting it here and ATS. ;)
If he's going to show people a counterfeit coin in a counterfeit PCGS holder (I can only guess that at this point), shouldn't he be thanked for his detective work, rather than banned over there?

Looks like Braddick will be spending all his time on these forums instead of splitting it here and ATS. ;)
If he's going to show people a counterfeit coin in a counterfeit PCGS holder (I can only guess that at this point), shouldn't he be thanked for his detective work, rather than banned over there?

Mark, there you go using logic again! Yes, you would think so, but with the

heavy-handed logic on maintaining a forum ATS, they ban 'em for whatever. Hey! think they'll have a 'December purge' again like last year?

Doug

edited to add: good for you Pat, i'd love to see what you have!

I know I should have had the slab and coin in hand before teasing this thread... and I hope to be able to do so within a week.

Just wanted to get a little tickler post going so as to date/time stamp what I believe will be a rude awakening among all services.

ANACS has felt some of the pain and as of recently, NGC. My prickly spidey sense told me it was just a matter of time before PCGS suffered the same fate.

I also have no problem, once photos are taken and shown here of sending the counterfeit to PCGS for their own internal investigation- if they deem that to be of benefit.

Can you really get banned there for what you post here?

Yep, they got me Monday.

ANACS has felt some of the pain and as of recently, NGC. My prickly spidey sense told me it was just a matter of time before PCGS suffered the same fate.

When the fake ANACS and NGC slabs were discovered I also said that if they are faking these two, can fake PCGS slabs be far behind? I look forward to seeing your pictures Braddick.

Yep, they got me Monday.

I'm sorry to hear that. But hey, let the stratification continue - it seems like all the intellectually honest, knowledgeable people are coming over here and all the kool-aid drinkers are staying over there. And I'm not afraid to say it, because I'm not a member over there. Take that PCGS!

Yep, they got me Monday.

I'm sorry to hear that. But hey, let the stratification continue - it seems like all the intellectually honest, knowledgeable people are coming over here and all the kool-aid drinkers are staying over there. And I'm not afraid to say it, because I'm not a member over there. Take that PCGS!

Pat, You will always be welcome here.. (thumbs u

Speaking of the kool aid drinkers...Thay are in full force over there now :popcorn:

Yep, they got me Monday.

Pat, You will always be welcome here.. (thumbs u

Speaking of the kool aid drinkers...Thay are in full force over there now :popcorn:

what I was speaking of before.

You know, it is too bad everyone is lumped into 1 class or the other, just for being on a board.

PCGS posters are "koolaide drinkers".

NGC posters are "trouble makers".

There are enough that post on both that are neither of the above. There are people that post on one or the other, exclusively for whatever reason, that are neither of the above.

Seems people just like to attack those that don't do the same thing they do.

Pat....I am interested in seeing what you have to show and I hope you won't be banned.

Conder....it was a shame to see you banned (the first time, didn't even know you had an alt until I read it here today)....I think you got hit for the wrong place/wrong time since you choose to speak out in the middle of their crackdown and bannings.

Same happened to Michael, I believe.

Was sad to see Mark get banned (I have PM'ed HRH trying to get him to let Mark back on but was ignored on that :( ).

It's also sad to see crumbs stay on there or come back with alts. Even when they are easily identified. :(

I stay here for the simple fact, I'm comfortable here. Aside from the occasional freak show, I have no problem with anybody. This place makes you feel like family, you got the know it alls, you got the know nothings, and then you got me who thinks he knows it all but in reality, knows nothing.

You know, it is too bad everyone is lumped into 1 class or the other, just for being on a board.

There are enough that post on both that are neither of the above. There are people that post on one or the other, exclusively for whatever reason, that are neither of the above.

Pat....I am interested in seeing what you have to show and I hope you won't be banned.

Conder....it was a shame to see you banned (the first time, didn't even know you had an alt until I read it here today)....I think you got hit for the wrong place/wrong time since you choose to speak out in the middle of their crackdown and bannings.

Same happened to Michael, I believe.

Was sad to see Mark get banned (I have PM'ed HRH trying to get him to let Mark back on but was ignored on that :( ).

It's also sad to see crumbs stay on there or come back with alts. Even when they are easily identified. :(

Ron, thanks for the nice thought, and effort, anyway.

I remain off of the PCGS forum because I am against the idea of reappearing under an alternate/secret identity. Meanwhile, ironically, a number of others who were booted, have reappeared (on more than one occasion in some cases) rather easily and unimpeded.

Well said. :applause:

I think it is part of being human, and we are all guilty of this to some extent...Mike

p.s. Pat, would you please hurry up with the pics before this thread turns into a forum war!!! :)

reasons from doogy

4. He is the 'Carson City' alt from across the street

LMAO

Ron,

Yeah, he may in fact be our 'CC', he surely has the angst thing down to a tee. How can one person spout off so much nonsense in one thread, I just don't get it.

Doug

I remain off of the PCGS forum because I am against the idea of reappearing under an alternate/secret identity. Meanwhile, ironically, a number of others who were booted, have reappeared (on more than one occasion in some cases) rather easily and unimpeded.

I can respect that and I felt the same way at first. I did monitor the PCGS forum and after a month I couldn't stand seeing so many people, especially newbies, asking questions and either being ignored or give incomplete or even incorrect answers to their questions. So I created an alt so I could help those people. My alt didn't post anywhere near as much as I did as Conder since I was mostly just providing answers to questions.

But I got to feeling like a hypocrite. I had originally been banned for stating that I would no longer post openly and only by PM to avoid being banned under their new "Thou shalt make no criticisms of PCGS" policy because I have a tendency to speak my mind. Now here I was back posting openly under an alt. So four months ago I stopped posting openly and went back to what I had said I was going to do. Just helping people via PM.

Well Monday morning I made the mistake of mentioning over here that I had an alt on the PCGS board. Apparently I'm a big enough threat that the PCGS employees who monitor this board felt they had to track down my alt (I didn't really try that hard to hide it.) and Monday afternoon I was banned again.

Well if they are that insecure that's have to track down and ban someone who is not even posting that's fine. I may lurk, but I will not create another alt and the newbies can be steamed in Kool-Aid.

I can respect that and I felt the same way at first. I did monitor the PCGS forum and after a month I couldn't stand seeing so many people, especially newbies, asking questions and either being ignored or give incomplete or even incorrect answers to their questions. So I created an alt so I could help those people. My alt didn't post anywhere near as much as I did as Conder since I was mostly just providing answers to questions.

But I got to feeling like a hypocrite. I had originally been banned for stating that I would no longer post openly and only by PM to avoid being banned under their new "Thou shalt make no criticisms of PCGS" policy because I have a tendency to speak my mind. Now here I was back posting openly under an alt. So four months ago I stopped posting openly and went back to what I had said I was going to do. Just helping people via PM.

Well Monday morning I made the mistake of mentioning over here that I had an alt on the PCGS board. Apparently I'm a big enough threat that the PCGS employees who monitor this board felt they had to track down my alt (I didn't really try that hard to hide it.) and Monday afternoon I was banned again.

Well if they are that insecure that's have to track down and ban someone who is not even posting that's fine. I may lurk, but I will not create another alt and the newbies can be steamed in Kool-Aid.

Condor, of all the bannings I am aware of, I am of the opinion that yours was the least justified and in fact, completely unjustified. I have always held you in the highest esteem as an exceptionally well informed and helpful poster.

I often feel the same way you do about questions and incorrect answers, etc. So, when I can, I send emails to posters and help in that way. If someone from PCGS is monitoring this, please don't close down my email account. :baiting:

I think everyone knows I post both places and save for one individual ATS (a Coin doctor) I don't have a problem with anyone over there. I think the only time I have been openly critical was when each of you (Conder & Mark) were banned lol lol lol

I have enough nice things to say about Mark I could start my own thread but I won't cause he has a big enough head anyone :baiting:

As for Conder......he has provided invaluable data to me and others more times then I can count and I guess the biggest tribute to him is that I am putting together my collection of old NGC holdered coins based on his very informative thread that outlines the generation of holders. I am only hoping one day to get my hands on one that he hasn't seen so I can add to his knowledge base.

.....I know...I know it's a pipe dream as he has seen them all but......hey a guy has to set the bar high right? lol

Before I set up that alt I also tried to help the posters by email, but so many of them didn't have their email listed in their profile that I felt the only way I could help most of them was by using the alt. I'll probably go back to the email route now because I know I won't be able to stop trying to help, it just isn't in my nature. But I swear no more alts!

Conder, I feel a bit silly and juvenile for asking... but what was your alt over there? Now that it too is banned, I find myself curious enough to ask.

Oh... and the "slab" (the topic of this thread?) hasn't arrived yet. I'd imagine sometime in the middle of next week.

They're petty and silly about some of their bannings over there - but thank God they banned Laura! ;)

And I got banned even before I got approved. That is the silliest of all. (: