• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winged Liberty Dimes

21 posts in this topic

I just finished re-imaging my Winged Liberty Dime set for the umpteenth time, (trying to get them just right). I searched for a thread where folks had posted their's but could not find one. This is one of the better designs in my opinion that looks great in both Uncirculated and Circulated. So let's share some. (Can't wait for the first 16'D to show up)

Rey

1916LibertyHeadMercuryObv.jpg

1916LibertyHeadMercuryRev.jpg

Nice toner, Sy and nice pure Merc, Rey. They kinda show one both ends of the collectible spectrum-and notice I said "collectible" to eliminate the AT's and whitewashed coins. Thanks for the pics, guys.

This is 1 of over 20 that I got when an insufficiently_thoughtful_person in a Stop N' Go decided to pay for his beers with $2.80 in circulated winged liberty and silver roosevelt dimes. You can't beat the price I got on this baby, $0.10. :) I'm going to try to pick up a Mercury in NGC MS66FB in the coming months for my 20th century type set.

47807-1942DMercuryDime.JPG.6f78e0eb3d42eef954c07c42a79b26fd.JPG

This design was uniformly praised when it was released in October 1916. Newspaper articles indicate it received more favorable publicity than any of the new designs issued from 1907-1921.

Sy,

I am so envious of your toned coins, nice Merc there. Here is a more accurate image of the 1916 as well as a 1936 D with some coloring. (does this one qualify for "Blue Toning" lol )

I am surprised that we are not seeing more Winged Liberty Dimes Posted here, such a wonderful looking coin.

Rey

1916Obv-1.jpg

1916Rev-1.jpg

1936DLibertyHeadObv3.jpg

1936DLibertyHeadRev3.jpg