• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comments on This Lincoln Cent?

24 posts in this topic

I believe this coin would be slabbed. The only thing that gave me pause is the color progression to the left of the leftmost ear of wheat (and that Greg posted it :baiting: ). Have fun....Mike

Here is the obverse.

lincoln-obverse.jpg

I only posted the reverse as I found it very wild with the rapidly changing colors. I expected many people to say AT. The coin is 100% NT.

The coin is an example of Dr. Sheldon's "autumn leaves" toning. The coin would get a body bag only from a TPG grader who does not know his job.

And believe me there are at least a few of those guys around, especially when it comes to grading copper. :baiting:

slab it - seen lots of those from albums

Looks like it is slabbed...

It is slabbed. It's in an NGC MS65* RB holder.

Hmm, the "star" is interesting. I'm not sure I agree with that, since again, these are not uncommonly toned like this from albums, but I like the coin very much for what it is.

Before I read the thread I was confident that it would grade. The reverse has a natural mint red and has not been cleaned which told me this was NT.