• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wins from last month's Scotman auction

23 posts in this topic

Well, my check finally cleared and I received my winners from the Scotsman auction in St Louis last month. Thanks go out to James both for his accurate and witty catalog discriptions and for his private help to me prior to the sale.

1809115aO.gif1809115aR.gif

1826117O.jpg1826117R.jpg

Both lots hammered comfortably within my maxes so I am officially a "HAPPY CAMPER"!

congratulations. beautiful coins. where's the 1827? hm

Sadly, the only 1827 I was interested in was part of a multi-coin lot that went for quite a bit over my max bid. :(

James Garcia, board member EarlyUS, who was contracted to write numerous coin descriptions for the October Scotsman auction catalog.

One of the good guys, btw.

I won the following two lots, both at slightly under my max: :banana:

566 1823 Bust Half Dollar O-104 NGC 55 (prooflike reverse, an upgrade)

572 1825 Bust Half Dollar O-101 NGC 58 Robbie Brown (I needed the marriage.)

Missed 542 1811 O-110 PCGS 58 by $31!:cry:

I won the following two lots, both at slightly under my max: :banana:

566 1823 Bust Half Dollar O-104 NGC 55 (prooflike reverse, an upgrade)

572 1825 Bust Half Dollar O-101 NGC 58 Robbie Brown (I needed the marriage.)

HA! I beat your butt on the 1811!!!!!!

It is one heck of a nice coin :cloud9: that I would call "unc" by comparison to how others aregraded today. Indeed, it's already sold and cracked out ;) (I sold it still in the holder).

Mozin, I described both of your coins. Were the descriptions reasonable or accurate (or maybe both)?

I missed this thread. Congrats on all your winnings! We better see some pics of the '23 and 25 when they get back, Mozin! ;)

Love that '09 OK!

HA! I beat your butt on the 1811!!!!!!

It is one heck of a nice coin :cloud9: that I would call "unc" by comparison to how others aregraded today. Indeed, it's already sold and cracked out ;) (I sold it still in the holder).

Mozin, I described both of your coins. Were the descriptions reasonable or accurate (or maybe both)?

That bites me to lose out to a Scotsman employee by $31. :frustrated:

The descriptions were reasonable.

Employee??

EMPLOYEE?????

Insult! I'll have you know, sir, that I am NOT and "employee" of the Scotsman Auction Company!

:mad:

I am a bona fide, certifed, dignified contractor by golly!

That makes me special!

lol

:devil:

Employee??

EMPLOYEE?????

Insult! I'll have you know, sir, that I am NOT and "employee" of the Scotsman Auction Company!

:mad:

That makes me special!

lol:devil:

James_EarlyUS (James Garcia),

Auction bidding sometimes allows bidders to win lots for tiny amounts over the underbidder, simply because of partial increment bidding. I have no problem with this, all bidders are treated equally. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.

I cannot say on this forum xactly what I think about your arrogance in relishing about beating me out by $31 on a $2200 auction lot, an auction lot on which you wrote the catalog description. It is well known that I am a serious Bust Half collector, so I obviously wanted this coin for my set, not to resell for a profit. Saying how you immediately sold the coin for a profit made me feel worse.

Perhaps Scotsman Auctions should take a second look at giving you another contract to write auction catalog lot descriptions for them. Rest assured I will never again knowingly bid on any auction lot on which I can determine you wrote the description.

People like you take the fun out of coin collecting, and out of participating in this NGC forum. I wonder how other members of this forum would feel if they were treated similarly by you.

That makes me special!

lol

:devil:

Contractor... same as saying unemployed!! lol

:jokealert:(:

I don't understand why you are upset..

You obviously bid what you thought the coin was worth and James bid what he thought the coin was worth.

You also know , Or should know that James is a coin dealer and has every right to earn a living...

James has gone out of his way to educate and even point out good deals to the board so that we (Me included) can have an opportunities to purchase CBH's not even his own.

He could have bought them and put them up for sale himself and actually made money off them.

James is one of the truly good guys on this board and if you choose to alienate yourself from him I think you would only be hurting yourself.