• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The first $1 trillion company

15 posts in this topic

A Trillion not bad but the company's luster appears to have been undimmed by a decision by Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s decision to sell off all its 2.3 billion PetroChina shares.

Let's see how long they last

I feel better with

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.5 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries.

The Chinese stock market is in the middle of a mania, regardless of what its future prospects might be. As for this company, I have not checked out the details but would like to know whether it is really bigger than ExoonMobil.

A Trillion not bad but the company's luster appears to have been undimmed by a decision by Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s decision to sell off all its 2.3 billion PetroChina shares.

Let's see how long they last

One thing to keep in mind is that Buffet started selling his PTR shares much lower. I forget where I first heard it, but it was in the low $100 area. I dumped all of mine in the $160-$170 area partially in response to hearing that he had begun dumping his.

It was a wonderful stock to own for the short term, but I'd be scared to death to own it at these current levels. The Chinese market is insane. It's like the dot com stocks of a decade ago. Some of the Chinese stocks still have a lot of room to go, but so many are overvalued that it is insane.

The thing about China is their market if mostly made up of foreign investments capital who's

going to run these company's who does the books .This is going to make the market crash in Japan look small when it happens.One day when enough people start to take a profit

it will tank big time.That could come overnight with people seeing their property values going down dollar going down fuel going up food going up gold/silver up ??

You can't compare a Chinese "corporation" to a U.S. corporation in an even manner. Petro-China is a state run agency, and as I understand it, only 2% of their stock is available to the free market.

I would have guessed Exxon to become the first trillion dollar company, ahead of MicroSoft.

Heck I can think back to a time when a trillions US dollars was a bunch of money.Saw

a picture once of somebody with a wheel barrel full of money going to by bread saw a 5 million Mark stamp , So a Trillion dollar company in China see where it is in a year or two

Saw the news today said national dept passed 7 or 9 trillion dollars.That not to bad thats only 7 or 9 oil company's in china no problem

anybody think that the US gov letting the dollar fall so the 20 million illegal aliens that they can't find will just leave is the peso rises

lol People actually believe this .

PetroChina worth more than Exxon and General Electric combined. lol. I dont care what your news story reports, it is all smoke and mirrors.

The $1 trillion valuation includes the 98% of paper stock held by the Chinese government. A true market valuation is based on publicly traded and available shares, not photocopies in some bureaucrat’s desk drawer.

I feel better with

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.5 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries.

Me Too...that's why I have $35,000 worth of JPM Stock....oh and I have worked for them for the past 10 years lol lol lol