• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEK #285 WHO KNOWS THIS QUEEN?.......

19 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

How many different countries have Queen Elizabeth II pictured on the note?

Good Luck!

Our first place winner will receive a coupon for 1 note graded under the Standard grading tier. (You must have an active account with PMG, call PMG for details) There will also be a runner up prize given to a randomly selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it . Stop back this Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

I am going to assume ( I know... shouldn't assume) you mean how many countries are currently producing notes with H.R.M. 's portrait on them. As there are currently 16 Commonwealth Realms, and I believe all of them will produce at least one note with the Queen's image, I will say 16.

Respectfully,

(Admiral on the bridge) Mike

There are 15 nations in the Commwealth Realm plus the Cook Islands, whose constitution states that the head of state of New Zealand is the head of state for the Cook Islands.

So I will guess 16!

Scott :hi:

33 countries....

I tried to count it up myself and I didn't even get close (I only had 12).....

here is information from PJ Symes website...... http://www.pjsymes.com.au/QE2/default.htm

Also FYI from the website there have been 26 different portraits used....they are posted on the site... thanks for inspiring the history lesson today!

The Queen has been depicted on the banknotes of thirty-three issuing authorities, as well as on an essay prepared for Zambia. The countries and issuing authorities that have used portraits of The Queen are (in alphabetical order):

Australia

Bahamas

Belize

Bermuda

British Caribbean Territories

British Honduras

Canada

Cayman Islands

Ceylon

Cyprus

East African Currency Board

East Caribbean States

Falkland Islands

Fiji

Gibraltar

Great Britain (Bank of England)

Guernsey

Hong Kong

Isle of Man

Jamaica

Jersey

Malaya and North Borneo

Malta

Mauritius

New Zealand

Rhodesia and Nyasaland

Rhodesia

Saint Helena

Scotland (Royal Bank of Scotland)

Seychelles

Solomon Islands

Southern Rhodesia

Trinidad and Tobago

Zambia (essay only)

Arguably, there is some duplication in this list, depending on how it is viewed. Credit to Symes research and website.

Jon

QUESTION:

How many different countries have Queen Elizabeth II pictured on the note?

ANSWER:

Congratulations to our 1st place winner jtryka! You will receive a coupon for 1 free standard grading.

Congratulations to our runner up winner BigBob! You will be receiving a PMG Bank Bag and a sample.

Thanks for playing this weeks Numisma-Quest. Dont forget to stop by for this weeks NGC question