• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone else have this kind of trouble with NGC???

30 posts in this topic

I hope I don't get banned for this, but....sometimes, NGC is truly a royal pain to deal with! 893frustrated.gif

Recently, I sent a client's coin to them, asked them to consider it for a downgrade and to pay our client the fair difference in value between the two grades.

Well, let me tell you, they were not exactly customer friendly.

It took at least FIVE SECONDS on the phone with some John Maben guy, before he agreed that NGC would downgrade the coin.893whatthe.gif

Then, to make matters even worse (and more frustrating), when I asked, by email, for what I thought to be fair compensation for our client, I had to wait a good 30 SECONDS or so for a reply and a yes.

Their customer service really bites! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to John and NGC for A+ fairness and customer service.

It's nice to see at least one company has the integrity to honor it's product guarantee. Obviously someone realizes that repeat business and public perception are important in growing a business. Having confidence in a proprietor makes it a bit easier to spend your money with them.

Ah.....the taste of koolaid!

---Just kiddin' NGC is great with customer service issues. I truly believe that PCGS's refusal to step up to the plate with customer service will end up costing them dearly in the long run --- penny wise, pound foolish in my mind.

Michael

Without exception, NGC has THE best grade guarantee process available in the third party grading business. A quality review and very fair offers for the differnce in fair market value. Mark, I'm glad to see your request went so well. When one compares Mark's experience to that provided by HisRoyalHighness, across the street, for the Jadecoin boys, it is sure EASY to decide with whom you want to do all future business!!

i have had the same experience(s) with customer service in terms of overall quality and response time

and as per the above it was above average thumbsup2.gif on both counts

michael

It's just a matter of time before NGC has the market dominance over PCGS because of stories like this.

Nicest looking holder

Great customer service

Collector respect

Pretty ugly holder

Cold customer service

Going down, down, down

Save uour money, use NGC

stooges.gif

Nice post, Mark. And, of course, nice job by NGC. I can easily see why folks like NGC, even customer service performance issues aside.

However, I'd like to remind everyone two very important things:

1. No service can please everyone all the time.

2. NGC does not think it is perfect, and it actively encourages critical (but constructive) feedback. (Sorry if I'm speaking for NGC, but that is what they've told me many times in the past, and their actions strongly support this open-minded attitude.)

In short, let's be careful not to drink a different flavor of Kool-Aid here than across the street.

EVP

To be sung like the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies.

Now listen to a story of a dealer named Mark

who called NGC to see if they're all bark

Then one day he got 'em on the phone

said this ain't my coin

it's only on a loan.

Overgraded it is,

not to par,

subquality.

Now the next thing you know

NGC changed their tune

said, "We ain't PCGS,

nor crazy as a loon."

Said customer satisfaction

is our guarantee.

So package up your coins

and send them regular-ly.

Insured that is,

bound and sealed,

UPS.

The NGC coin-graders!

(p.s. use your imagination right here to fill in the banjo music...)

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif:

• Administrator
I hope I don't get banned for this, but....sometimes, NGC is truly a royal pain to deal with! 893frustrated.gif

Recently, I sent a client's coin to them, asked them to consider it for a downgrade and to pay our client the fair difference in value between the two grades.

Well, let me tell you, they were not exactly customer friendly.

It took at least FIVE SECONDS on the phone with some John Maben guy, before he agreed that NGC would downgrade the coin.893whatthe.gif

Then, to make matters even worse (and more frustrating), when I asked, by email, for what I thought to be fair compensation for our client, I had to wait a good 30 SECONDS or so for a reply and a yes.

Their customer service really bites! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to John and NGC for A+ fairness and customer service.

Ok. That's it. You're banned.

stooges.gifinsane.gifstooges.gifsign-funnypost.gif

That is a true classic Victor!!!

I'll tell you though, I've had some real problems from NGC. Like today, I get home, there's a card in my mailbox, and it says I have a package at the office. I pick it up, and it's from NGC. I am not expecting anything, and I open it and theres a nice NGC display case! I mean come on! Why are you people sending me stuff like this??? At least at PCGS I couldn't even buy one of their cases to save my life. Isn't that they way things should be??? Next thing you know you'll start consistently grading my coins on the first attempt, legitimately reviewing crossovers, and getting my coins graded and back to me within 2 weeks. What's that? You're already doing those things? That's it! I've had it up to here with you people!!!! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893frustrated.gifboo.gifsorry.gifhi.gif

Am I the only one who thinks that grading a coin and sending it back to you does not require world class customer service and that WAY too much emphasis is made of this subject?

I've been sending in coins for over 15 yrs. to PCGS & NGC and have never had any customer service issues with either firm except for the one time NGC downgraded a coin on a review and took over nine months to pay me the difference.

IMO, the most important part of any TPG is their market acceptance and resale value vs. their peers, not their customer service or anything else, because we all already know how to grade our coins by ourselves, and the TPG holders just add liquidty.

dragon

Dragon are you insinuating that complaining about grading companies has become a national pasttime? Actually it is nice to occasionaly see a post that has good things to say about a grading company without a whole lot of folks getting defensive. Have a jelly roll will ya. grin.gif

Okay, I know that I am a novice when it comes to certification services' policies, but your client asked for a down-grade on an already certified NGC coin, right ?

I guess that would make sense if the collector wanted an AU 58 grade to complete a set, and the coin was , say MS 61. Now you are telling me that NGC will pay the market difference between the two grades ? Amazing !! What's to prevent this collector from then cracking the coin out again and submitting it "accross the street" ? Then the coin could be sold again for the upgraded retail bid price. Personally, I think NGC is bending over backwards to accommodate its collector / dealer base.

Okay, I know that I am a novice when it comes to certification services' policies, but your client asked for a down-grade on an already certified NGC coin, right ?

I guess that would make sense if the collector wanted an AU 58 grade to complete a set, and the coin was , say MS 61. Now you are telling me that NGC will pay the market difference between the two grades ? Amazing !! What's to prevent this collector from then cracking the coin out again and submitting it "accross the street" ? Then the coin could be sold again for the upgraded retail bid price. Personally, I think NGC is bending over backwards to accommodate its collector / dealer base.

You are misunderstanding. NGC & PCGS offer grade protection. If they overgrade a coin and you resubmit it under their grade review service, the service will examine the coin. If it is graded lower the grading service will pay the coin owner the difference in value between grades.

They will not downgrade "liner" coins (i.e. could be MS64 or MS65 depending on the mood of the grader). They will only downgrade obvious misgrades.

Having said that, that service across the street isn't too keen on paying out on their guarantee. Just ask Mark who got dinged $5400 because they refused to honor their guarantee.