• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay improvement?

14 posts in this topic

I have this habit of checking ebay every so often to see if I find something interesting. Lately I have been looking at the bust half listings, particularly those "ending today." Well, I just tried that and they seemed to have improved the process, so I am not even sure what I was looking at. I finally found the bust halves (for some reason their date choices go from 1794-1830, then from 1830-1859, so I am not even sure what series that would correspond to), but you can no longer look at just those ending today, your choices are to sort from highest to lowest or lowest to highest, or ending soonest or listing time. I'm sure someone must have thought this was an improvement, but to me it's just an annoyance.

When did this change occur? It looks like drek! I listed some coins this week but I wouldn't have if I knew they were going to mess with the site navigation. Those drekstains!

it sux, I was trying to check on a certain coin by the year and I had to go through a listing that comprised a 20 year span really really bad idea...

They're making me crazy lately. I'm not getting 'Check-out' emails. I get all other e-mail from eBay, but not if a buyer wants to send a check or money order and uses the check-out.

They tried to tell me that it's me, right......I found a couple threads in the discussion forums where many people are no longer getting these.

If they're not careful they're going to get burned.....

Paul

Heck, one improvement that would seem easy enough that they've never done is improving the sorting of feedback. If I am potentially dealing with someone that has 3 negatives, I'd like to just click on the negative number and see all the comments rather than sorting through 18 pages of feedback. Also, how about sorting by transaction size too? If I am contemplating purchasing a $500 coin, I'd like to know how many similarly priced coins this seller has sold in the past. Would that be too hard?