• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882 CC morgan MS-64+??? your grades please

8 posts in this topic

Did you take it out of the holder yourself? Bad move if you did. It would have carried a slight premium whether graded in the original GSA holder or removed and slabbed by the TPGS with the GSA provenance, and the grading services tend to be a little more tolerant in grading.

Chris

The pics are a little small but it looks MS63 or 64 to me. I can't be sure by the pics but it looks more like luster on the liberty and eagle more than cameo. Not sure if it would make PL. Nice looking Morgan!

i did not take it out of the holder, i did receive the holder with the coin, two pieces coin and holder, seemed to be glued back together.

If there is evidence that the GSA holder has been tampered with, I'm sure that any TPG will not give the CC that designation.

i did not take it out of the holder, i did receive the holder with the coin, two pieces coin and holder, seemed to be glued back together.

If there is evidence that the GSA holder has been tampered with, I'm sure that any TPG will not give the CC that designation.

hmm - Its obviously a CC - I am sure you are talking about the GSA designation

on the holder