• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your Peace dollars!

49 posts in this topic

I need to take a better picture because I did it before I started to take better digital pictures. This was imaged on a scanner. Maybe I can take better pictures this weekend.

Enjoy!

Scott :hi:

46355-1928-Peace-Dollar.jpg.d364f71bb54131edd3cbad8e0309f177.jpg

Nice looking '21 and '25-S Peace dollars, Bob! :applause: You sure do take excellent images.

Fun Peace, Winston. (thumbs u

Nice, '28 Scott! (thumbs u

Ikenific, Sweet Princess :applause: and nice looking set of Peace dollars!

Be still my heart. That 23 is gorgeous. I know the 28 is the big money but I am captivated by your 23. Does it look even better in hand? :wishluck:

My Princess and her Peace Dollars...

AliciaPeaceDollars_pic.jpg

To heck with the coins....that's what life is all about right there my friend....I grade her PF70....clearly a presentation piece not made for general circulation :applause:

I only have 25 Peace $'s, and the only think special about them is that I took all of them from a 25c slot machine at the Cal-Neva in Reno, NV. Cost: $80

Chris

My Princess and her Peace Dollars...

AliciaPeaceDollars_pic.jpg

To heck with the coins....that's what life is all about right there my friend....I grade her PF70....clearly a presentation piece not made for general circulation :applause:

Yeah!!!! Pop1, None Better!

Chris

Pop 1/none better... I can definitely attest to that!!!!!!!

...and a heartfelt Thanks to MercP for filling the 1921 hole! My daughter recently won a ribbon for her collecting exploits during our recent County Fair... she listed this piece as being "my most prized possession" [her words actually] and then wrote a short essay about Peace Dollars. Believe it or not...she's in second grade. Sometimes she simply blows me away!

Leo

Thank You for the nice comments about the 1923 Peace Dollar. It is a wonderful coin with dripping luster. Even though it is a 23, which is the most plentiful of all the Peace Dollars, it is one of my favorites.

Ikenefic, I am thilled to hear she is still excited about the coin. I hope she can keep the excitment for coins going for a long time.

Yikes! I started this thread, but forgot to contribute.

I've had fun cherrypicking undergraded Peace "widgets" as of late. I got this one recently. My photography sucks, so i'll give you my unvarnished opinion.

The obverse is a 64, no nicks et cetera, just a couple of slide marks on the cheek. The fields are really clean for the grade. Edited to add: there are a couple horizontal scratches shown on the cheek and neck, these are scratches in the slab.

DSCN2068.jpg

The reverse however, it really very nice! The feathers are completely free of nicks and any slight slide marks. The slightly different coloring on the feathers shown in the pics are lighter toning areas, as the reverse has a nice light toning. The fields are nearly flawless, as are the rays. Overall, the reverse is a strong 66+

the funny thing is, this coin is in a very first generation ANACS holder (with the white insert that is plain, and the ANA hologram on the back) and is graded.....MS62! I paid just a couple bucks over melt for it recently, so i'm quite content!

DSCN2066.jpg

DSCN2061.jpg

My gosh, no offense taken whatsoever, Oh it definitely is, but that is expected with the 34 S. Worn and cleaned definitely. I wish I had or could even afford one that was not cleaned or worn.

Rey