• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchased another 1814 bustie (O-106a)

12 posts in this topic

I didn't really need the coin but I just couldn't pass this one up when I saw the reverse die cracks. Once I received it in hand today I realized that it also has some great clashing on the obverse also. I would have noticed that in the Overon description if I had read about the previous die state but I didn't so it was a great suprise when I got it in hand. It is a great addition to was has turned from just the album to more of a hoard. :D

Here are the seller's pic of the coin.

1814o106af12obvjl1.jpg1814o106af12revcf9.jpg

And here are my images of it.

1814o106aio7.jpg

This is how it starts. You've been repeatedly warned. First, it is a single bustie for type...Next, a year set....then you just HAVE to have the varieties listed in your album...then one day you start to buy more of a particular date just because a die crack "looks cool"...Sudenly, you are buying Overton DM's and hunting just the right die state.

IT'S AN ADDICTION, I TELL YOU!!! :pullhair:

By the way, nice coin.

This is how it starts. You've been repeatedly warned. First, it is a single bustie for type...Next, a year set....then you just HAVE to have the varieties listed in your album...then one day you start to buy more of a particular date just because a die crack "looks cool"...Sudenly, you are buying Overton DM's and hunting just the right die state.

By the way, nice coin.

Already there.

And that is a tough variety, BTW, especially when it looks that cool. :golfclap:

By the way, nice coin.

It is an addiction that can't be stopped. For me it all started with a single 1812 and then an 1813 soon followed by an album. I have definitely caught the addiction and feel it spreading. I cannot be stopped. Come on everybody let's get down with the sickness. :D

CoinAddict:

YOU STATED: "I have definitely caught the addiction and feel it spreading. It cannot be stopped.Come on everybody let's get down with the sickness."

I STATE: "No! No! Heavens No! As more people become addicted, the prices will keep going up and up. (Unless you're selling, then this is great.)"

Hey, what's wrong with modern bullion coins? Let's get all of these "newbies" addicted to them.

Bye,

Ed R.

Now I really like that 1814. 1814 is a harder date than realized and scarcer than realized. I like the overall look of this coin, the even wear, the clash marks, the color and from the photos it looks like it has really nice surfaces and some remaining luster. Great pickup!