• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Spouse TJ--In stock and reserved!!!

36 posts in this topic

Ditto! My credit card is also being pinged by the Mint as I type .

This could all happend at any moment...

As far as "ebay prices" go, we'll be seeing really soon what "actual items" will fetch. I predict it won't go any higher than $650 for proofs, and $550 for uncirculateds in the short term. I think people are going to be a lot more conservative with their wallets this time around...

I learned something new. You can look up a FedEx using the mint order #.

I have a package on the way and the mint has not sent an email as of yet.

If you put the mint order # in the reference box, enter the country and zip you see if it's on the way. I know I'm a bit slow :)

Link

I think that there will be a lot of cancellations on all of those "presales" on E-bay. I know of 2 people who had multiple orders that were cancelled. What will happen is the folks that had bought an E-bay presale will panic when they are notified by the seller they are refunding their money because the mint cancelled them.....

I think they will see around $ 800 per coin in 2 weeks....

We will see....

MM :popcorn:

Found out mine will deliver today by 4:30. I wasn't expecting them this fast. I'll be waiting!! I also would like to see what these will be going for over the next few weeks once they are officially out! Now with the price of gold going up I wonder if this will influence the price some? Maybe, maybe not?

I was very surprised this afternoon when the FedEx man came to my office and gave me a package from the Mint's fulfillment center. It was an MS Jefferson Liberty first spouse coin! What makes this interesting is that I ordered it a good 90 minutes AFTER they had met their initial quota which meant I was on a waiting list. Based upon the flurry of activity on these boards I never thought I would receive the coin. Now I have one in an attractive wood box. Now I have to decide whether I will keep it or sell.

I'm going to keep mine. The only others that will interest me are the other "retro" designs that are in the pipeline. If it has a real First Lady on it, I'm out.

And I don't want one in a slab. The mint box will do just fine. It's worth a lot less in slab to me.

I'm going to keep mine. The only others that will interest me are the other "retro" designs that are in the pipeline. If it has a real First Lady on it, I'm out.

And I don't want one in a slab. The mint box will do just fine. It's worth a lot less in slab to me.

I agree. I received the BU coin already and noticed that my cc was tentatively charged for the proof despite the fact that I ordered them 40 minutes after the "sell out".

I just checked my US mint account. I ordered one of each variety at 4:49 PM. (the day ordering began) The proof version is in stock and reserved. The unc version has been shipped today. I had given up hope that I would receive either. Atleast I will get one.

Update: Wife just called and told me I had a package.. Woohoo my first gold coin.

Congrats to all who received coins they weren't expecting, maybe the 1-coin limit worked better that it initially appeared for collectors wanting to have the coin in their collection to get them!

Latest update...I received a shipping notice from the US Mint twelve hours AFTER the coin arrived! At least it is here in excellent condition.

I ordered proof and unc on 8/31 about 10 am. I received the unc yesterday 10/5. The proof is in stock and reserved. I think moving the limit of 5 each to 1 each brings the price down because those with the extra cash to buy 5 to sell 4 don't have the advantage over those that only wanted a single for their collections. They couldn't buy all 20k (or whatever the limit at the mint is for these) and therefore many more collectors could buy directly from the mint as opposed to secondary mkt.

I like the retro design of the obv, but haven't taken a close look at the rev yet. I prefer eagles, but haven't decided whether I am keeping or slabbing to resell.

I got my uncirculated today and I didn't get in an order until 4:25 and just checked the mint and my proof is "in stock and reserved" I had no hope of receiving either coin and now it looks like I might get them both :) I plan on keeping the unc and flipping the proof to lower my cost but still haven't decided whether to submit it for grading. ???