• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you pay for a new first spouse?

28 posts in this topic

I would pay $410.95 for the unc and $429.95 for the proof (at least I think that's what I agreed to pay the mint!), of course this applies only to the Liberty one, the other two uglies I'd only pay melt for, and even then there are many other gold coins I'd buy first!

I would wait 2 1/2 or 3 years when mortgage rates hit double digits and all the people with flexible rate mortgages start selling off things. according to MR Greenspan
That's good to consider for any common coin and even some less common ones.

Many people have been net sellers for a while.

what is the most you would pay for a new spouse proof?
I paid about $20.00 for my first spouse...That was the going rate for a Justice of the peace at the time...

It did however cost quite a bit more to get rid of it though. (thumbs u

first spouse, is that politically correct for first lady, now? At least for this series, there's not really any chance of anything else but a first lady, right?

first spouse, is that politically correct for first lady, now? At least for this series, there's not really any chance of anything else but a first lady, right?
Depends on who you think will be President in 2008. They probably don't want to be showing any favoritism or lack thereof.

Depends on who you think will be President in 2008. They probably don't want to be showing any favoritism or lack thereof.

Yea if Hillary wins in 2008 and we have round two of the Hill-Billy adminstration, both them will get on presidental and first spouse coins. Although I hope to live for many years, that's one thing I hope I won't live to see. :frustrated:

So far as what I would pay for a first spouse coin, I purchased the Draped Bust piece that was just sold. I'll consider buying more of the retro designs as they come up, but I won't be buying any them that have historical first ladies on them.

That's true. There is only a very slight chance. First Hillary has to win the election, and then within about the next ten years Carter, Bush I, Bill, Bush II, and Hillary would all have to die. If any one of them fails to meet the Grim Reaper then no William Jefferson Clinton First Spouse coin.

That's true. There is only a very slight chance. First Hillary has to win the election, and then within about the next ten years Carter, Bush I, Bill, Bush II, and Hillary would all have to die. If any one of them fails to meet the Grim Reaper then no William Jefferson Clinton First Spouse coin.

But, it would create another dilemma. If Bill and Hillary were on the coins, wouldn't we have to change our numismatic terminology from obverse and reverse to head and tail?

Chris

Half melt.

Maybe.