• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Should I Call the Mint About "In Stock and Reserved" but Not Shipped?

12 posts in this topic

Along with the Jefferson's Liberty coin (so Aug. 30), I ordered 2 proof sets and 2 silver proof sets. Those sets have been labeled as "In Stock and Reserved" now ever since I placed the order (so two weeks ago today). Can anyone think of why they haven't shipped? I've had partial orders ship all the time ...

The only thing I can think of is it was an issue with credit card authorization. I'm just guessing because two years ago, when I first got the credit card that I'm using now, I placed a $350 order with the Mint and it was "In Stock and Reserved" for over a month. When I called them, they just asked for my credit card info, and then it shipped. No explanation, no nuthin'.

So I'm wondering if you guys think I should go ahead and call about this, or wait a bit longer?

I did the same thing and my sets are still listed as "In Stock and Reserved" too. My order status has at least changed to "Your order request is in process". I'm patient and will wait and see if they come with the Jefferson coins in a couple of weeks.

I did the same thing, and my order is still "on hold" with the proof sets in stock and reserved. I just assumed they would ship when my order went off hold. I was thinking of calling them today on this.

This shows that you do have one reserved. It will not change until the item is actually shipped. If you have any issues with your credit card, then I would call. But this will normally stay "in stocked and reserved" until it is actually shipped out.

I called, and they said that any credit card order over $300 has to go through some office in Washington DC for approval, so it will remain on hold for up to 10 business days. Once it is taken off hold, they will ship what is in stock and the others will remain with an estimated shipping date (9/24 in the case of the gold FS coins). So by tomorrow, my order should no longer be listed as on hold. If yours are still on hold tomorrow, I would call.

My wife just called me here at work to ask me if I was expecting a package. It turns out that I just received a FedEx shipment from the "Fulfillment Center" today. She didn't open it but I'm sure it's my proof sets. I can't check my order status right now so I'm not sure what it says now. Hopefully you will be getting yours today also.

I've been waiting on MW and AA medals for about 2 months now, they went several times to in-stock and back, now with a date of 10/30.

The mint is like a box of chocolates....

I had purchased 5 sets of the 20th Ann silver 3 months before they were to be shipped, when they started shipping, mine said in stock, and reserved. Well a couple of weeks passed before I called to find out that there was a problem with my credit card, and my coins that I thought were already paid for were given away to somebody else.

I wont say how I felt, but I will say that was the last time I purchased from the mint.

And my Proof set (not silver) was delivered. Of course, I got the shipment notification about 12 hours later.

Well, my shipment did come Friday, but it was only the two clad sets. My silver ones are still "In stock and reserved". It looks like the mint is going to pay for three separate FedEx shipments for one low price of $4.95. And of course the email arrived later in the day to tell me that they shipped on the 14th (the day they arrived).

Well a couple of weeks passed before I called to find out that there was a problem with my credit card, and my coins that I thought were already paid for were given away to somebody else.

One thing that a lot of Mint customers forget is that they must update their credit card information upon renewal. I can't count how many times I've read that someone missed out on or was denied an order, particularly subscriptions, because the renewal date wasn't current. The Mint does not assume that the card has been automatically renewed.

Chris