• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Day we will Never Forget

18 posts in this topic

I am just pissed off we had no one to nuke like we did with Japan ...

( The rest of my thoughts have been edited/deleted so as not to stir up tension/disillusionment on the boards )

.........................................................??????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thank you for listening ...

Having been out of the military for more than thirty years when this occurred, I still would have dropped everything and went to active duty, had been asked.

They say the new generation is lax and won’t amount to a hill of beans…I want to thank those very young uniformed men & women of this new generation, for keeping our shores once again safe from the tyranny that wants to dislodge our wonderful way of life.

The memory of 9-11 is seared into our thoughts to remind us that there are those who wish to intimidate the weak…well, they picked on the wrong eagle.

1921Peace.jpg

Coin Facts image

To see obverse of this Peace dollar...go here.

( The rest of my thoughts have been edited/deleted so as not to stir up tension/disillusionment on the boards )

.........................................................??????????????????????????????????

I hope you are just kidding, because with thought like that your no better than the murders of 9/11.

John

I hope you are just kidding, because with thought like that your no better than the murders of 9/11.

John

comment like that is kinda funny coming from a guy named conqueror.

I live 2 miles north of Ground Zero(in NYC) and had a direct view from my window. I lost friends of friends and family of friends. Everyone here knew someone. I can't believe it's been six years. Now first responders are getting sick. Extra security around here today, we can never forget.

We had a moment of silence at work at 8:46, and our flag is at half staff. I was living in the west coast at the time and was off work so by the time I woke up it was all over. The only thing I saw live was 7 WTC collapsing. I talked to all my friends back in New York and most made it home all right, but there were some who did not.

As for the younger generation, I find this group of young people by and large are wonderful patriots willing to sacrifice when it counts the most. It's their parents (the hippie 60's love children) that generally give me cause for angst.

We are also still dealing with the Deutsche Bank building at 130 Liberty street, which caught on fire a few weeks ago, during deconstruction and killed another 2 firefighters. I believe that their deaths should be included in the dead from the 911 tragedy