• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In 5 words or less, tell us what you like most about the rare coin industry?

36 posts in this topic

that I am not part.
But I think you are. You are part of the hobby, which, like it or not, is part of the industry.

The industry (IMO) is about "How much is it worth?" The hobby is about the coin, itself. When I started collecting these were the last things collectors thought about...In fact, one of the ways a collector knew that someone else was not a collector was by showing him a coin and immediately hearing such a question. The day that the hobby entirely becomes driven only by "How much can I make?" is the day that I leave. Sadly, it is headed in that direction.

The day that the hobby entirely becomes driven only by "How much can I make?" is the day that I leave. Sadly, it is headed in that direction.

I think it's a bit closer than you give it credit for.

My five words are:

When's the next cherry coming?

I like the thrill of the hunt - find a cherry, pick a cherry, sell a cherry. - Use the proceeds to buy a nice coin for my collection. :applause:

??

The "Rare Coin Industry" means a lot of different things to a lot of diversified participants in said industry so ....

My personal 'like's" encompass a few different fields in this industry ... which the answer to this question has MORE THAN 5 WORDS as it is impossible to answer in the constraints provided :) (Sorry Mark)

SO .... I will rest my answer on the provided pictorial answer making it NO WORDS! Fair Enough :)

43130-5.jpg.a2442a21ccd899889b98d1e5f8be9fad.jpg

43131-1916d.jpg.59472f8e77c5d1338db13bec5ed3c97a.jpg

43132-goldplat.jpg.87da7052cf830247585854aa1f7817ae.jpg

43133-cappedbust.jpg.3f55f88be6dc36742a7061046916446e.jpg

I can't afford it!

Chris

Bahhh humbug

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I hear more goats a-grazing !