• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1951 Toner Franklin.

12 posts in this topic

1951-P's are tough to find with any sort of halfway decent toning. This is an interesting coin visually for toning purposes. When you mix many colors together you often get brown. This coin, except for the NW quadrant, appears visually somewhat brown, but when you look at it up close or under a loupe it is a mix of many different colors, kind of in a pointalist fashion. The coin is graded NGC MS66. I agree that it is not FBL, but it is very close. The obverse is quite clean for the grade and the reverse is solid for the grade. The white scratches you see are on the slab. The images were done by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin51_N66Obv.jpg

Franklin51_N66Rev.jpg

Thanks TJ.

I couldn't get a better compliment than that. Sy has superb coins with great eye appeal. Here is another image that shows a bit more luster of which it has much more than what is shown. It also shows more of the pointalist effect that Sy mentioned.

1951obv325.jpg