• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Take the "Rey" Train

17 posts in this topic

I thought this would be an appropriate take-off on "Take the A Train", the song written by Billy Strayhorn that became Duke Ellington's signature tune in 1941.

Anyway, I have been searching through my miscellaneous stuff for almost two weeks looking for this ever since I learned that Rey is putting together a collection of railroad medals.

Rey, when you read this, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Chris

42959-IMG_1742.JPG.6fb3f7cc1efe924137a415807b5a4b20.JPG

42960-IMG_1743.JPG.ffa1fe5ccb7836731e07653b276b3096.JPG

Chris----- Rey is on vacation down Ocean City this week. He will be coming to visit with me tomorrow. Will leave myself a note to remind him to check this thread. Take care. Bob [supertooth]

Chris----- Rey is on vacation down Ocean City this week. He will be coming to visit with me tomorrow. Will leave myself a note to remind him to check this thread. Take care. Bob [supertooth]

Darn, if I had known that, I would have asked him to get me a couple of boxes of Dolle's Saltwater Taffy. Shucks!

Chris

Bob, apparently Rey has a laptop with him because I just got his address in a PM. Thanks just the same!

Also, another member whose name I shall not divulge, sent me another PM and is wondering if Rey had ever used, "Take the Rey Train" as a cheesy, pick-up line. lol lol lol lol

Chris

That is a very nice souvenir piece Chris and a very generous gesture on your part. I hope you will enjoy it as an addition to your train collection Rey. Have a great vacation. :applause:

That is a very nice souvenir piece Chris and a very generous gesture on your part. I hope you will enjoy it as an addition to your train collection Rey. Have a great vacation. :applause:

Nice souvenir Chris and great addition for Rey's collection. (thumbs utrain.gif

The neat thing about this is that we used to live in Calgary and visited Jasper National Park years ago. That makes this even more special, thanks Chris.

Here is my most recent acquisition related to trains, Commemorating the Buffalo, Bayou, Brazos and Colorado Railroad, which was the first railroad in Texas. The Brazos River was also an important landmark in relation to the crossing of cattle from Texas to points west all the way to California. One specific location called Horsehead Crossing is a noted historical landmark because of the challenges experienced in crossing this critical part of the river. My grandfather ran cattle from West Texas across this crossing to California and the introduction of the train in this area was remarkable. Minted in 1969. One last bit of interesting note is that the end of this railway was Stafford's Point and I currently live in Stafford, VA.

It is all relative.

Rey

FirstTexasRailwayObv.jpg

FirstTexasRailwayRev.jpg

The neat thing about this is that we used to live in Calgary and visited Jasper National Park years ago. That makes this even more special, thanks Chris.

It's going to the Post Office later this morning!

Chris