• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unbelievable

17 posts in this topic

I am a newbie here. Compelled to post though because I just recieved my submission from NGC, anmd it is an absolute abomination.

I sent 5 items for express service, which they recieved on 8/6. I got them today, you do the math.

All were to be multi-holdered, and none of them are. I actually typed up a letter and attached it, asking for them to be multi-holdered. They should have been anyway since all are oversized medals.

They sent photo certificates!!! I can't believe this. And this was after I called them many times about the invoice, and the delays.

Oh, and one was put in a standard holder, and oversized medal, jammed into a small holder. The white interior plastic is poorly cut, and not centered so part of the medal is under the seam. Also, along the edge of the holder, there is a second cut and missing piece of the white plastic...a "clip" for you error collectors.

I am flabbergasted, and mostly upset because they are closed, and I can't call anyone!!! Does anyone know how i can contact them after hours?

Did you do you due diligence and see if the CONFIGURATION you desired WAS possible. THEY do list what they can and cannot not do. If NOT they would default to the basic configuration ( singles )

IF THEY are oversize medals they CONNOT go into a multi holder as stated by yourself anyway ..

If they did mess up they are real good at MAKING GOOD but the configuration you deisred was probably NOT possible.

** I own and had capsuled aroung 100 multi holders **

MIke

I am a newbie here. Compelled to post though because I just recieved my submission from NGC, anmd it is an absolute abomination.

I sent 5 items for express service, which they recieved on 8/6. I got them today, you do the math.

Looks like 14 business days from date of receipt to returned to you. Figure at least 4 of those days was return mail and they got your order done in 10 business days.

All were to be multi-holdered, and none of them are. I actually typed up a letter and attached it, asking for them to be multi-holdered. They should have been anyway since all are oversized medals.

1) You need to clearly specify on the submission form that you want them to be multi-holdered. A letter is nice, but big letters on the submission for is better.

2) Not all larger coins can go into an oversized slab. They only have a few gasket sizes.

3) I've never seen more than one oversized coin in a multi-holder slab.

4) If they don't fit in the slab, they issue Photo Certs sometimes. Other times they just issue an insert. Which would you prefer?

They sent photo certificates!!! I can't believe this. And this was after I called them many times about the invoice, and the delays.

See above #4. Also, Photo Certs are usually a 15 day service, so they did get them done faster than advertised.

Oh, and one was put in a standard holder, and oversized medal, jammed into a small holder. The white interior plastic is poorly cut, and not centered so part of the medal is under the seam. Also, along the edge of the holder, there is a second cut and missing piece of the white plastic...a "clip" for you error collectors.

Can you post a picture? If the coin won't fit within in the white inner core, it will not fit in the slab. It sounds like the coin would not fit in a multi-coin slab and they slightly cut a regular core so that it could still be slabbed.

I am flabbergasted, and mostly upset because they are closed, and I can't call anyone!!! Does anyone know how i can contact them after hours?

After hours. lol

I remember only too well, my first submission and the nervous excitement that went with it. NGC will take care of any problems THEY created, but as previously stated it sounds like what you wanted was not available. NGC pretty well states exactly what, when, & how they do things. Pre-educate yourself to their rules and you will save yourself a lot of grief.

By the way, welcome to the forum Comitia.

Make your way to Sarasota, Florida, take Washington Blvd south one block past Main on the left, go to rear of building, wait until exactly 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, knock three times on the solid chained & locked double doors, count to 10 and then knock three more times, the guard will let you in. His name is Big Bubba and he likes company for the evening.

Welcome to the forum. :grin:

Make your way to Sarasota, Florida, take Washington Blvd south one block past Main on the left, go to rear of building, wait until exactly 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, knock three times on the solid chained & locked double doors, count to 10 and then knock three more times, the guard will let you in. His name is Big Bubba and he likes company for the evening.

Do you know what time it is?scrnsvr_thumb_dvd2.giferr Sorry i was looking for someone to complain to.36_11_6.gif

I own a medal of the same size-diameter-thickness in a multi-holder. I have seen many others. I did get a call after closing from NGC...they will try to make it right.

I am a newbie here, but know these medals.

I'll let you know how it goes.

And to explain my frustration, I got this from fedex-yes I paid for overnight- and it was 5:33 EST, I missed by 3 minutes. But again they actually got hold of me.

You may all be right about 2 of the medals, they may be too thick to fit in the multiholder, but the one they holdered in a small one isn't.

Yea! How dare the NGC folks close up and go home in the evening!!!!! They should be there 24 hours a day!!!

AMEN! who am i supposed to complain to at 3 in the morning after a few cups of coffee if no ones open!

:P

I would consider "absolute abomination" to be the 1906 San Fran Earthquake or 9/11. What you have is "human error". Get your priorities straight and you will have a much happier life.

There's another saying that's pretty popular. "To error is human, to forgive devine".
One More...

The squeeky wheel gets the grease...

And one more...Thats why God put erasers on pencils....Everybody makes mistakes hm

You know for the amount of buisiness that NGC does, You would think there would be more complaints...

Tells me that they are doing a Pretty good job.. (thumbs u

Exactly. I sent two coins in for "details" grading to NCS and got them back with the "details" grade missing. It did not print on the label. So I will have to send them back. So what? It is no big deal. I've already talked to them and they told me they will have to regrade them (They do not have records of the grade they assigned) but at no charge.