• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Uncirculated sets

9 posts in this topic

I guess it isn't too bad. It's one step closer to Franklin Mint quality - which is where the US Mint should have been 30+ years ago.

However, it'll make it a little harder to submit just some of the coins for grading. I liked it better in the past when you could just take the 25c sleeve of coins and submit those. Now you'll have to cut those coins out or submit the entire sleeve and tell the TPG not to grade the other coins and hope they notice. :(

I guess it isn't too bad. It's one step closer to Franklin Mint quality - which is where the US Mint should have been 30+ years ago.

However, it'll make it a little harder to submit just some of the coins for grading. I liked it better in the past when you could just take the 25c sleeve of coins and submit those. Now you'll have to cut those coins out or submit the entire sleeve and tell the TPG not to grade the other coins and hope they notice. :(

I don't send in to grade so I guess I don't look at it this way. I see your point Greg. It's a little hard to tell by the pics but they still may be somewhat individual. (shrug)

I was thinking the same thing. I will probably have to find a new way to store them as well since the packaging is changing. It will be interesting to see these in hand.