• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the red, 1948-D Franklin.

12 posts in this topic

It's nice to go on vacation, and it's nice to be back.

Here is a 1948-D Bennie Boy, PCGS MS65FBL. They are quite rare, but every now and then you'll find a '48 piece (both P and D) that has a deep, rich red to it. The toning on this piece has progressed to dark gray on about 35-40% of the reverse and 10-15% of the obverse, but other than that it is seriously cool. Also, for the grade, the obverse is very clean. The images were done by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin48D_65fblObv2.jpg

Franklin48D_65fblObv.jpg

Franklin48D_65fblRev.jpg

SkyMan

I usually don't admire those that are really heavily dark toned or those that have the wild rainbow colors, but this Frankie does it for me for some odd reason. I like the danged thing.

Thanks for sharing!

~Woody~

Sky you are the man when it comes to Franklins and 1958 coins (worship) What a wonderful coin to add to your collection. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the superb photos with us (thumbs u