• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argh with the USPS. This ever happen to you?

21 posts in this topic

Today's my birthday and I was expecting a coin to arrive today. I took the day off from work to enjoy the day and also wait for the mail carrier. I see him pull up and I try to get down there. Sure enough, he left me the slip to pick up my package. ARGH! Why don't they even attempt to see if you're home anymore? Sure, I can pick it up tomorrow but I was looking forward to it today...

Does anyone else have this kind of problem with the postal service?

In any case, hopefully I'll have something good to show tomorrow.

Why, on earth, should your postal carrier walk to your door when you can take time off from work or play and drive to the PO? (shrug)

:devil:

Seriously and unfortunately, though, that type of laziness is not nearly as uncommon as it should be. :mad:

Happy birthday, today and again tomorrow, when you get your package. :banana:

If you're never home during this time and get a lot of packages and the postman knows this, I can understand it. However, if this is not the case, go to your local Post Office and talk to the station manager. Ask them why your postman won't ring your doorbell to see if you are home. I bet you get results.

It may not be the results I want, though. I don't get a lot of packages requiring a signature. Maybe 1 every 3 months. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :) It's been a nice day anyway. I bought a MacBook Pro 17. Finally back on the Mac after all these years.

First Happy Birthday and congrats on 1000+ posts.

Second, I have had this happen quite a bit in the past as well. It even happens on Saturday's when the front door is open. I think sometimes they don't feel like carrying bulky packages around with them so they make the cards out while in the trucks.

The pink slip signature dropoff had happened to me, too, while I have been home. However, I went to my local post office and asked if there was a way to address the issue and they told me to leave my phone number there and they would call me each time a package was in-hand that required a signature. It has been ten years since that conversation and they call me every time I have a package. It has worked great. The Postmaster also told me that postal regulations required the dropoff of the pink signature slip without ringing the doorbell if the act of ringing the doorbell would require the postal delivery person to put their vehicle in reverse while in my driveway. Since my driveway is about a football field in length, the postal delivery person will not walk the length of it to ring the doorbell and, if they drove to the house, they would have to put the vehicle in reverse to turn around.

I tip my postman well - Nothing goes missing - Comes to my door

with a smile ( kinda ) He is actually developing a nice Silver Eagle collection cause of me :)

In Your case he has a history of Doing that so it is the Norm - You being home at that time is not. If you were so excited you shoul dhave waited by the mail box ........ ahem ...... I have doen that hehehe

Happy B Day and Millenium post

Happy birthday and congrads on 1000th posts! (thumbs u

My postman knows if i'm home or not by my truck in the driveway. He has delivered so many packages for me to sign, that we became friends over time. He has done favors for me and I to have return the favor by gaving him few of my coins for his kids.

John

Happy Bday NWCS! Also, Congrats on 1000 posts. I have to pick up my mail at the P.O. so I do not run into that situation. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks everyone! I got one of the two coins I expected today and I posted it in the coins forum. I was hoping for the slip today for the other one but it wasn't there. However, this time there's a tracking number. I had a case where the carrier simply didn't deliver it or leave a note. I had to go to the post office and request it.

When I'm home waiting on a package I'll be in the living room with the drapes open (the mail carrier has to walk by that window to get to the door).

Our Postal Carrier, Wayne was actually the carrier for my wife over 7 years ago before I met here and that is when she lived 15 miles north of where we do now. He is a good friend of ours now, he helps me work on my cars and he knows when those "special" packages come what is in them. He calls me from his cell phone at the beginning of his route since our neighborhood is near the end. I have only not been able to have me or a family member available once.

Happy Birthday by the way and keep the 1000 posts going.

Rey

Wow, sounds like a sweet arrangement! Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone. :) It was a good birthday. New coins, new mac, new possibilities.

FYI, if you get lots of packages your delivery mail person will get a bonus. My mail girl thanked me for helping her receive a bonus after I apologized for receiving so many packages. She was delighted with the extra pay, not to mention the Christmas check, which by postal laws can be no larger than $20. Keep them happy and they will keep you happy:) They also get extra credit if you request pick ups via the internet. Ask them to notify you when the times are and the cooperation factor will increase dramatically. ;-)