• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Member Saying "Hi"

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am Dennis Tarrant, half owner of Jade Rare Coin ( www.EarlyUS.com ). Just a quick note to say thanks for inviting us over to the NGC forum. Today is the first time that I have seen the NGC forum, but I am sorry that I did not check it out sooner. Looks like a great group. I see a lot of familiar "faces" here, so that's good. We are not biased towards any particular grading service and therefore can provide unbiased opinions, if asked.

We like to discuss any aspect of the hobby, but especially early American coins. We specialize in pre-1840 Federal Coinage and colonial issues. Since it helps to keep us sharp, we like to offer our opinion on early coins, including attributions and grades (no pedigrees!). Actually we do have an extensive library of auction catalogs, so we will do our best to help with pedigree research too (assuming you trust our opinion in that area tongue.gif). It's difficult to grade via scans, but variety attributions are less difficult with a good image. We like to attribute Connecticuts, Fugios, New Jerseys and really all colonials, although we are very green in the area of Machin Mills issues. We can help with any early Federal issue.

I am not shy about asking for help either, so you can expect some posts calling for help, especially on modern issues.

Thanks and I look forward to being a valued, productive member of this forum.

Dennis

Welcome, Dennis. I think you and James will be a positive addition to the boards. smile.gif

If you remember me from when I used to post on the PCGS boards you may recall that I specialize in Washington quarters and superbly toned coins of all issues. If you have any questions on these feel free to ask.

Welcome.

Sorry about the 'Jadecoin looking left' and 'Jadecoin looking right' thingy - but it really did strike me as funny! stooges.gif

I too must say that post struck me the same way!!!

Welcome aboard Dennis!

Talk about lowering the dredger bucket....look at all those skally wags that came up from the depths.

James, you kill me. :grin:

Wow, this really is old, so old that in the time since this started, I moved from Seattle to Indiana to Grand Rapids, so that now my office is only 3 blocks away from where Dennis office is!

Welcome to the forum Dennis.Think you will find this group quite interesting. Knowing you are a partner with James, well that puts you into a class by yourself (at least for awhile). We put James in his own class as well but have never let him out!

If you are good with James, then your good to go with me. Welcome.

Chet

I served one year in Grand Rapids (:

I worked at 28th and Beltline..........The thing I remember most about Grand Rapids was there was lots and lots and lot of churches............MJ

Hey guys... This thread was started about 7 and a half years ago! lol

This OP hasn't posted in over 5 years. James, what are you thinking. :rulez::roflmao:

Hey guys... This thread was started about 7 and a half years ago! lol

This OP hasn't posted in over 5 years. James, what are you thinking. :rulez::roflmao:

lol ! Seriously? I was reminiscing about the in famous Norweb Hibernia incident, and how it was the reason I joined the NGC boards. This thread was the one that welcomed my friend Dennis over.

Chet, good to see you posting once in awhile! Let me know what you think of the July auction catalog :) .

The real question is whatever happened to Dennis? I haven't seen a post from him on either board for over a year. Nor have I seen him at a show. Hopefully he's ok.

Actually, I suspect he is ok or James wouldn't have dug up the thread without commenting on it.

The real question is whatever happened to Dennis? I haven't seen a post from him on either board for over a year. Nor have I seen him at a show. Hopefully he's ok.

Actually, I suspect he is ok or James wouldn't have dug up the thread without commenting on it.

Heck, he's better than OK. He's working for a major coin dealer now and doing quite well, actually. However, his show attendance has been severely curtailed since he manages their shop!

Heck, he's better than OK. He's working for a major coin dealer now and doing quite well, actually. However, his show attendance has been severely curtailed since he manages their shop!

:applause: