• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you think about this franklin

8 posts in this topic

Mostly interested in the photo aspect, but you can most certainly comment on the coin. I own many franklins, most blast white with little toning. It is amazing how the photographic picks up every little defect, in hand you really have to look to see the thumb print.

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

edited to add the following photos of the same coin.

1948Debay1b.jpg

1948Debay1a.jpg

1948Debay1.jpg

Nice Frankie. Just a smidge out of focus. These things can be difficult to image, can't they. Much easier without the slab glare. Ben looks like he could be FBL. (thumbs u

This is a decent coin. I am guessing the second picture of the reverse is the closest to how it actually looks. In my opinion, this would probably not FBL. This is a first year coin, 1948s generally have a lot of detail. This is also a D mint coin, which is usually the strongest struck mint. In my opinion, this coin just does not meet these standards. So, I would probably grade it a solid MS-64.