• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS Bulk Grading Sale

12 posts in this topic

With apologies to our hosts...

I just received a message from ANACS that they are having a bulk coin grading sale. US Coins at $8 per coin. There is a 50 coin minimum, maximum value of $300 per coin. No maximum on modern gold and platinum. No varieties.

So if you have a lot of coins you want graded for resale, this might not be a bad sale. See more about their sale on their website.

Scott :hi:

Doesn't seem like a bad deal at all. It's $4 (33%) off their usual Economy Rate. I do wonder what part of this deal is "Express". Does that mean 2 days for grading? 5 days?

Their maximum value is also $500, not $300.

Anyone want to call NGC and see if they'll match it? hm And include World Coins? :wishluck:

if anacs started their own registry site including pcgs and ngc coins, i think they'd drum up a lot of business in the long run, no?

I agree Mike and am surprised they have not started one. (shrug)

I like Greg's suggestion about matching and including world coins. Based on the info. from 123cents, gold too. I would much rather have coins in NGC slabs. That is how I ended up with that 1967 SMS Roosevelt MS 68 DCAM that I am wondering what to do with, went to ANACS with it first. doh!

Rey

if anacs started their own registry site including pcgs and ngc coins, i think they'd drum up a lot of business in the long run, no?

I agree Mike and am surprised they have not started one. (shrug)

I talked to one of the guys at FUN two years ago, and they said they were starting one. They said it would be up that summer, but that was a full year ago.

I like Greg's suggestion about matching and including world coins.

I've always thought that the TPG should offer a "Super Economy" tier for really cheap coins. Something along the lines of $7-$8 a coin for coins valued under $100. To make it worth their while they could require a minimum of 20 or 50 or 100 coins (different types, not same type like bulk submissions) and turnaround times would be basically whenever they can get to the coins.

Sadly, my idea has been shot down by all the TPG people I've talked to. The closest I ever got was being offered private deals for quantity.

If the services can offer regular tier slabbing for both US & world coins thru TeleTrade at $8-$9 a coin (I'm not sure if TeleTrade pays a lesser rate than this or if they just make their $2 surcharge), then they can offer this deal to other submitters if it is on the large enough scale.

If NGC knocked down the modern tier to $8 a coin with a min of 50 coins id be all over it. Heck I send over 50 coins a month now lol. Id just wait every month and do one submission instead of a few.

PS. NGC get my 10 franklins out of quality control they have been in it for 3 days now and i cant stand waiting any longer lol. :)