• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this coin Look cleaned - Opinions welcome

15 posts in this topic

This is not spam !

This is a coin that I have for sale on Ebay. It is a 1979 Wide Rim Near Date Susan B Anthony

I have some concerns that it may have been cleaned in its past life. In the description I stated it as such but am curious what the fellows opinions here may be .. I stated possible cleaning just to cover my bases as I do not take retuns on RAW coins.

Your opinion ??

42548-wide_rin_sba.jpg.11b3791bcf4acdd9439c0e17012f6110.jpg

My uninformed guess (based upon the fact that I have viewed as few SBA's as possible) is that it looks off, quite possibly the result of a cleaning.

(based upon the fact that I have viewed as few SBA's as possible)

I would take that as meaning it is your favorite coin series ?? Nooo hehehhe

She is butt Ugly aye

I have to admit I do have a registry set of them because of that reason and its limited run of years produced

m

These are hard to tell as the quality of them have never been really all that good. Eevn the one's taken out of souvenir sets just look pityful. I've seen them come out of cello with what looks like hairlines. Go figure!

Looks just fine to me.

I agree. I think the white balance is still contributing to the appearance of the coin. The coin itself shouldn't be condemned because of whether SBA is ugly or not, but on the merits of the coin itself, ie. strike, luster, etc. Based on what I see from these images, I don't see anything that would lead me to believe it has been cleaned.

If I am interpreting the images correctly (and that's a big caveat), the coin looks normal to me. I have seen this look before, and I do not believe it to have been cleaned. Ugly, yes, but not cleaned.

(based upon the fact that I have viewed as few SBA's as possible)

I would take that as meaning it is your favorite coin series ?? Nooo hehehhe

She is butt Ugly aye

I have to admit I do have a registry set of them because of that reason and its limited run of years produced

m

You're being much too polite to Mark. (tsk)

but I do have to agree with him that there is something 'off' about the coins surface.

Could be the photo though.