• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introduction of JadeCoin to the NGC forum.

26 posts in this topic

First, I would like to thank the several NGC members who cordially invited us to join and post on the NGC forum. I have registered simply as "James", and Dennis as "Dennis". We are, as you are probably well aware, owners of Jade Coin Co. Technically, our name is legally "EarlyUS.com", but that is a recent change, and we were known on the PCGS forum as "jadecoin".

As you know, two threads related to the controversy swirling around our non-Norweb Hibernia were censored by PCGS, and our account was rudely revoked from their forum as well. We've also learned that other posters on the PCGS forum have been revoked, due at least in part to the infamous Hibernia thread.

My goal is not to us this fine NGC forum as a means for complaining about our ill-treatment at the hands of PCGS, and David Hall in particular. But the public needs to be informed as to what really happens at the companies they entrust with their grading and numismatic activities. Our only goal is to make the public aware of the situation and the final PCGS resolution, which amounted strictly to removing the improper pedigree from our coin. NO MONETARY COMPENSATION has been offered, nor will we accept any from PCGS, for our financial loss resulting from PCGS' mistaken pedigree. In our eyes, this coin has an educational value that far exceeds it's financial value, and we intend to make full use of it as an educational tool.

Let me make one other thing exceptionally clear: NO LEGAL STEPS TOWARD RESOLUTION have been taken up by us at this point, though we reserve the right to do so should it become necessary. No attorneys are involved, no lawyers, etc. Right now, it is strictly an issue between EarlyUS.com and PCGS.

Again, we don't want to clutter up this learning environment that NGC has so generously provided - instead, we intend to leverage our website for that purpose. There are other plans in the works as well, and I assure you, the PCGS / Norweb / non-Norweb saga is far from over.... We will gladly accept any advice any member may offer, and hope that together, this disastrous fiasco can be turned into something positive for the coin-collecting community.

Thanks again, and we look forward to learning from, and with, you all.

Sincerely,

James Garcia

Welcome! BTW, hope I get another chance to talk to you all at another show. You probably don't remember me but we met in Charlotte at the ANA Money Show.

Neil

Hi Deb!

(I'm just joking around with you.)

First off all, I'm behind you on the pedigree issue and I'm with you on the banning issue. (literally!) I too have had my issues with PCGS and their QC but I don't want to rehash that again. My only hope is that PCGS will take care of their issues as I believe it is not only hurting them but in some ways hurting the coin industry.

In any case, welcome aboard!

-Dave

Welcome James!

I feel badly for your situation, but can offer no real insights on who is right or wrong, or how it should be resolved, so I leave it at I wish you the best. As for your introduction, I appreciate your desire to contribute and learn from and with us, but more importantly, I appreciate your desire to prevent these boards from being "cluttered" with issues relating to PCGS. While I believe it's important for us to learn from experiences such as yours, I also know that I and many other members here are more interested in talking about coins and learning and sharing our hobby than bashing other competing services/boards. I applaud your stance, and your desire not to turn the NGC forum into the "Anti-PCGS" forum.

First, I would like to thank the several NGC members who cordially invited us to join and post on the NGC forum. I have registered simply as "James", and Dennis as "Dennis". We are, as you are probably well aware, owners of Jade Coin Co. Technically, our name is legally "EarlyUS.com", but that is a recent change, and we were known on the PCGS forum as "jadecoin".

As you know, two threads related to the controversy swirling around our non-Norweb Hibernia were censored by PCGS, and our account was rudely revoked from their forum as well. We've also learned that other posters on the PCGS forum have been revoked, due at least in part to the infamous Hibernia thread.

My goal is not to us this fine NGC forum as a means for complaining about our ill-treatment at the hands of PCGS, and David Hall in particular. But the public needs to be informed as to what really happens at the companies they entrust with their grading and numismatic activities. Our only goal is to make the public aware of the situation and the final PCGS resolution, which amounted strictly to removing the improper pedigree from our coin. NO MONETARY COMPENSATION has been offered, nor will we accept any from PCGS, for our financial loss resulting from PCGS' mistaken pedigree. In our eyes, this coin has an educational value that far exceeds it's financial value, and we intend to make full use of it as an educational tool.

Let me make one other thing exceptionally clear: NO LEGAL STEPS TOWARD RESOLUTION have been taken up by us at this point, though we reserve the right to do so should it become necessary. No attorneys are involved, no lawyers, etc. Right now, it is strictly an issue between EarlyUS.com and PCGS.

Again, we don't want to clutter up this learning environment that NGC has so generously provided - instead, we intend to leverage our website for that purpose. There are other plans in the works as well, and I assure you, the PCGS / Norweb / non-Norweb saga is far from over.... We will gladly accept any advice any member may offer, and hope that together, this disastrous fiasco can be turned into something positive for the coin-collecting community.

Thanks again, and we look forward to learning from, and with, you all.

Sincerely,

James Garcia

Welcome James and Dennis. A quick thought and a few questions: In the above quote you state, "No monetary compensation has been offered from PCGS nor will we accept any from PCGS..." Then, a few sentences later you state, "No legal steps have been taken at this point, although we reserve the right to do so..."

If you don't want money from PCGS and this ends up going to civil court, what it is you would hope the Judge would grant you should you win your suite against PCGS?

You also state, "the public needs to know what really happens..." and then proceed not to tell us what happened. I never commented on the Thread over at CU because I had NO information other than the scetchy background you provided followed by dozens of posts that provided nothing more than either speculation or nonsense from NON participants. TDN made a couple of valid points here and of course PCGS has yet to respond so there is NO way of determining the events enough to comment.

Would you care to, at some future time when it is prudent for you to do so, comment here?

James,

I'm glad you and Dennis decided to take the guys up on their invitation. I learned vicariously from your experience, and even though it was at considerable expense to you, it helped us all. I had wrongly assumed anything the TPG's put on the holder they had researched and would guarantee. I expect you did too. I also followed TDN's suggestion and reread the guaranty offered by all the services I use. I learned a good deal from that as well. Anyway, glad to see you posting here.

BTW - I am thoroughly enjoying the misattributed 09 VDB you sent me in a PCGS holder. grin.gif

Welcome to the boards. smile.gif

Pat, I think they mention that they will use their web site for the purpose of resolution or education in regards to this issue.

Welcome aboard... newbies!! Not too many peeps have less posts than me!!

Anyways I am sorry about your troubles and hope it works out. In any case everyone learned an important lesson... collectors/dealers need to do their due diligence and authentication may require confirmation (especially on larger ticket coins).

I certainly learned that lesson, unfortunately at your expense.

Pat makes a good point and I'd like to know as well. Therefore, what is the address of their website?

Thanks

jom

Hello James and Dennis!

One thing..........I'd have that coin with me at each and every major show in my case with a photo of the "Before/After" and story beside it!

are you guys going to be in Baltimore in December?

I got myself banned across the street for you, so you better use this place a lot! wink.gif

Not that I ever went over there anymore anyway... Hee hee. I wonder if David Hall himself saw the picture. *snicker*

Hey MastaHanky,

I thought that you got banned from the PCGS forum a long, long time ago. Haven't seen you there in a long time. Did you just get banned today? What thread did you post the image in?

I thought that you got banned from the PCGS forum a long, long time ago. Haven't seen you there in a long time. Did you just get banned today? What thread did you post the image in?

Oh, no, I quit going over there in my own silent protest the day Greg got banned.

I popped over there yesterday out of boredom and saw the happenings with Jadecoin, so I posted the David Hall Nazi picture in the "Goodbye" thread. It got deleted within 10 minutes. My only regret is I don't know if David Hall got to personally see it.