• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JADE BANNED... Extra! Extra! Read all about it

74 posts in this topic

I am not so sure.A Black Eye ,Is A Black Eye.

What he did was Petty But everything PCGS did from that thread was Petty.

From what happened over there i think a big Chink was smacked out of the PCGS Bravado.

The BS that "WE"RE PCGS WATCH US ROAR"[!@#%^&^] is DONE.

Think about it,All the inovations in the grading buisness is being done by NGC.

The Most Consistancy in all aspects of the grading buisness is being done by NGC.

Dave's still got his head in the sand. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a good thing he doesn't own a resturaunt.

Greg,

I am sorry that I was partially responsible for your being banned from over there.

EVP

I'm not sorry at all -- look at the advertising -- go to NGC and get the exclusive opinions of Greg, not available at PCGS

wink.gif

Their loss is our gain in this case.

Greg,

I am sorry that I was partially responsible for your being banned from over there.

EVP

I hate you and you ruined my life. 893censored-thumb.gifmad.gifmad.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Don't worry about it. I don't blame you. At least I got to see what a POS company PCGS and what a scumbag David Hall is. I actually believed that maybe they would fix their problems. I can't believe I was so blind. tonofbricks.gif

Will this lapse in judgment have any long term effects? If isolated to this one incident then I doubt it will. However if this behavior continues that could mean big problems for Pcgs.

Craig

Welcome to the Boards MOC.

I think It's already having some Negative effect.

Even some of their most ardent supporters are a little at a loss for words.

Some people can smell blood in the water.

When is NGC going to buy PCGS 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not gonna rehash it (due to laziness). Anyone else care to fill MM in? BTW, I was quite certain -- as were most others -- that I was also banned as a result of what happened.

EVP

I came back on line right as Greg was Banned and I remember that you had been away and no one knew if you were banned for a bit.

But I never really knew why Greg was banned. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not gonna rehash it (due to laziness). Anyone else care to fill MM in? BTW, I was quite certain -- as were most others -- that I was also banned as a result of what happened.

EVP

Here is a thread that EVP copied and posted across the street. He copied my question and Mark Salzberg's response. A few hours later I was banned.

Many people thought that I had posted the thread. The funny thing is that a few people started ranting that I deserved to be banned for posting that across the street. They seemed to be at a loss for words when it was pointed out that EVP did the posting.

A fair amount of people think this was the reason I was banned. I think it had a significant part to it, but it wasn't the only reason. Someone inside CU told me it had something to do with one of my posts where I exposed David Hall for the liar that he is right to his face and asked him to comment on it. He never did. smile.gif

Now that WAS a good Read. 893whatthe.gif

And to be honest I have been saying the same thing Mark said. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think Pcgs Has a real Problem.I hope they can get thier shop in order.There has to be a counterpoint for the hobby.

Yin & Yang if you will. sumo.gif

Dave's not having a good week. tonofbricks.gif

Thanks for the input Greg. popcorn.gif

The funny thing is that a few people started ranting that I deserved to be banned for posting that across the street. They seemed to be at a loss for words when it was pointed out that EVP did the posting.

Yes Greg, I remember all of that. Conveniently, your so-called old friend, namely _uss, came down with a PCGS induced case of amnesia. His need to retain the good graces of PCGS meant more to him than all the fabulous help, advice and mentorship you had provided in the previous year. I'm sure his betrayal must have hurt at least a bit.

Banning Jade Coin over the issue that was involved?

I think that PCGS has just found a new way to blow smoke into their own faces. boo.gif

I'm glad you ended the above first sentence with a question mark.

Unfortunutely no one knows right now WHY JadeCoins was banned although other than the principles.

Harry Truman once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

PCGS decided to get out of the kitchen. There's no question why they banned Jade. PCGS figured that banning them and NOT making good on the claim was the least expensive way to settle the situation.

Bill I think you are correct. They figured they'd cut THEIR losses, yank the threads, ban Jade and that after a while the fuss would die down and people would forget all about it.

Bill I think you are correct. They figured they'd cut THEIR losses, yank the threads, ban Jade and that after a while the fuss would die down and people would forget all about it.

Yea, but I won't forget, and it speaks about the integrity (lack of it) of the company. devil.gifboo.gif

This could also be a problem for them in the future. If this coin goes through several hands, and then gets sold to someone who does not know the story, it could all start up again. If I were PCGS I'd pay the difference for the coin without the Norweb label with the provision that I could reholder the coin with the correct label. That would be the ETHICAL thing to do.

I agree with you Bill %110!

But It appears that the boys at Jade would rather (at this point) hang onto the coin and use it as icon of PCGS's guarantee/customer service.

If it were me I'd be a royal pain. I'd have it in a case at my table at every show with Before/After pics and a binder with laminated pages detailing the entire story and the yanked threads. I'm not a very congenial guy when I feel I have been wronged.

I truly think that the money this has cost and will cost pcgs in the future will be an amount MUCH greater than if they would have just bought the coin from Jade for 3500. I looks like it has the potential to be a customer relations nightmare!

Just a (sad) hunch, but what do you want to bet the percentage of coins, overall, that PCGS grades each month will not slip even by one coin?

This is a fun excercise and debate in ethics within our hobby but I doubt it'll have a negative affect on anyone's bottom line other than JadeCoins.

Just a (sad) hunch, but what do you want to bet the percentage of coins, overall, that PCGS grades each month will not slip even by one coin?

This is a fun excercise and debate in ethics within our hobby but I doubt it'll have a negative affect on anyone's bottom line other than JadeCoins.

Braddick

I was surprised to read a post of yours somewhere that you were sending a batch to NGC that had been planned for "elsewhere".I just think that MANY MANY others are doing the same.

I have 4 freebies somewhere around here. I've been looking for them. If my name is not on the invoice I am going to sell them or trade them for NGC ones.

If it were me I'd be a royal pain. I'd have it in a case at my table at every show with Before/After pics and a binder with laminated pages detailing the entire story and the yanked threads.
You read my mind. This is exactly what we intend to do.