• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRAG BRAG BRAG, But no Knowlege whatsoever

42 posts in this topic

You Know, I've posted a few question about coins here and I have yet to recieve any answers.

Is it because Im new?

I read it this way, a lot of you have brag and mostly whisfull thinking but not one bit of coin savy other then about what "you" think or believe.

BUNK!

Generally, people here are quite helpful in answering questions. Please ask yours without insulting us and I expect you will get an answer as long as we have the information.

how long was your post up? some of us are only on on weekends and some are everyday. if you ask a question the weekenders know you wont here anything for a week or so. sometimes i wish for no answer rather than hear all the bad about a coin. but learning is slow when done right.

not every1 here knows about it all some know cbh and some know there moderns. it depends on the coin who the help will be coming from :)

and when you dont get an answer right away or even a few days BUMP the thread! some of these threads get knocked to second page prety fast!

I don't know why no one answer to your previous post, but i do not believe its because your new to the forum. Personally speaking, I know very little about different varities or error coins and without pictures i had no idea what you were asking. It hasn't been too long since I join this forum, and since than i've learned and dealt with many wonderful and knowledgeable people that has only benefited me. So don't be too quick to judge and welcome to the forum. :hi:

John

Arch, can we get this guy booted?
why boot him...He's a riot lol

There's no humor in coin collecting! :signofftopic:

lol

Wow, you truly have atrocious people skills...especially if you meant to have your post come across as condescending as it appears to have for some members. I do not recall your previous posts, but I am certain now to be less inclined to help you in the future. (thumbs u

Doing a little homework on your posting history I can see that you asked a question within a WYNTK thread, which is really a poor place to post a question since it appears that most folks use those threads for reference and not active discussion. Your next question was asked within the Water Cooler forum, which again is not the place to ask a coin question. You then seem to have repeated that question within the US Coins section, which is the correct section, way to go with that post, Sparky! (thumbs u However, you couldn't even wait for 24-hours on a weekend for an answer before you resort to an alienating post.

Let me guess, you will not be a member who contributes anything positive, yet will cry like heck when you aren't satisfied immediatley.

to tell you the truth, we dont need people like you coming in here demanding things and calling names! some of us wait far longer than 3 days to get answers we need! and we dont go around calling names and having a temper tantrum!

we are doing our best to work together on this site and dont need people starting cause they didnt get what they wanted fast enough.

i looked up info but only found doubled die in that yr. and even called my dealer buddy(which if we werent fast enough for you,you could have done your self) but we are the SA's :P

PLEASE STOP THE TANTRUM/NAME CALLING OR LEAVE!

Stop acting like a troll -

Maybe no one has responded because they don't know the answer?

Maybe the guy/gal who would know is off at a coin convention this weekend?

Maybe that coin convention is in Milwaukee and it's ten hours from his/her home?

Maybe that person is trying to earn a living today instead of giving free advice and information to unappreciative *spoon*?

Maybe he/she hasn't responded because you haven't given him/her the chance to even read your message(s) before bashing everyone here?

Maybe no one knows the answer because you've just discovered a new mint mark variety and are heretofore known as the expert on this matter?

Maybe no one cares, but is entertained by your rant anyway?

Maybe you get the point and will wait a few days before flying off the handle at people who haven't logged on to read your message yet?

...and yes, a clear photo of both MM types would be helpful.

As expected,... one wants to boot, (democrate most likely).

another thinks im a hoot..

another scolds me for speaking my mind.

HELP, I want my mommy.

still seeking answer to the penny question,

WHAT!!! knowone has a book???

42021-MVC-074S.JPG SLENDER S

42020-MVC-073S.JPG Gobby S

42020-MVC-073S.JPG.2fffcf667232d0f099cc8b99b058168c.JPG

42021-MVC-074S.JPG.3ae11d60474748c8183037995ddcc0f8.JPG

Hi and welcome to the forum. R. those coins look like they have a lot of damage to them.

So slender S or fat S not much value just a variety of post mint damage. Might be a good coin to send photo into Corn World and asked them.porky-turn.gif:popcorn:

maybe you should go buy a book instead of whining about us not having 1.

i didnt say boot i asked you to calm down or leave! all you have done (even to those trying to help) is call names and cry!

-GO BUY BOOKS

-ASK QUESTIONS NICELY AND EXPECT A WAIT!

-DONT CALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OR WILL HELP NAMES FOR NOT RUSHING TO YOUR AID!

if you can do these things welcome to the boards and enjoy the learning process. we dont hate new people nor hate any1. we work with what we know. most of us are in the same boat as you and are still learning.

also when asking ngc expect a week or 2 for answer! they are very bizzy people and will get to you in due time :) they just answered a question from 3 weeks ago but they did answer :) and thats what counts :)

COIN WORLD mag and price guides are very good mags to have.also i here COIN NEWS is good. CHERY PICKERS GUIDE is awsome also. there is a post for good coin books around here i just cant find right now.

Of the 537 billion or so Lincoln Cents produced I do not keep on top of all the different nuances that people come with. I do know about the rare 1969-S doubled die variety. Had you asked about that particular coin, you would have gotten many responses. Here's some food for thought about the variety of mint marks out there prior to 1990.

Up until 1996, all the dies from which coins were struck were made at the Philadelphia Mother Mint, now some are made by the Denver facility. The dies to be sent to other branch mints to make coins would have the mint mark hand punched into them. It seems that whatever style of font was available at the time was used to punch the mint mark into the dies, so we find fat ones, and thin ones, tall, short and even micro mint marks. We also find coins where the mint mark was punched into the dies with a heavy hand and those that were lightly punched. The variables are staggering.

Finally around 1990, the US Mint standardized the font and size of all the mint marks. No longer are mint marks being hand struck into the coin dies. What the Mint is doing is making the mint mark a part of the template or hub from which the dies are made. It is now all one process and takes human error out of the equation.

Hope that helps or tides you over til a more knowledgeble numismatis comes along.

Though I think your post at the start of this thread qualifies you as something of a jerk, nonetheless try going to the coppercoins website here . He maintans a list of all Lincoln cent varieties. However, if they let you join and you post a questions, do not expect an instant response since the website is not as heavily visited as this website.

Mark

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

A few years ago or so I found a 1969 S Cent in a mint cello package with doubling of the front portrait area and the date was doubled as well.

I learned it was mechanical doubling. In addition I do not believe there are any recognized known double errors for this date. Hope this helps. (thumbs u

It looks like you're posting in the Water Cooler Forum instead of the U.S. Coins forum.

Think of the Water Cooler as being like Albania and the posters as citizens of that rather odd country.

Don't expect a straight answer, or any answer for that matter, from a bunch of mostly comic book "collectors".

I imagine the regular WC posters as looking something like this:

Valljaeburrave8lo.png

It looks like you're posting in the Water Cooler Forum instead of the U.S. Coins forum.

Think of the Water Cooler as being like Albania and the posters as citizens of that rather odd country.

Don't expect a straight answer, or any answer for that matter, from a bunch of mostly comic book "collectors".

I imagine the regular WC posters as looking something like this:

Valljaeburrave8lo.png

36_11_6.gif36_11_6.gif

As far as I'm concerned Mr. R.inUtah, you have come into this forum very rudely to start, insulting those you don't know, and in my opinion, you will be regretting this abrupt entrance into the coin forum in the long run. I usually view this forum at least a half dozen times a day. I have never seen your posts and as someone mentioned earlier, it may have been because you were not aware of the correct place to post. This being new, I understand. the demanding behavior that you came back with, I do not understand. I hope that if you plan to post again in the near furture, that you do it with respect. There are alot of very knowledgeable members on this forum. If information is what you seek, you've come to the right place. If pity is what you seek, your insulting measures of communication will be ignored.

You Know, I've posted a few question about coins here and I have yet to recieve any answers.

Is it because Im new?

I read it this way, a lot of you have brag and mostly whisfull thinking but not one bit of coin savy other then about what "you" think or believe.

BUNK!

You must be referring to this post. Your post

and I've got to tell you that coins from those years generally have many types of mint marks. I went through 22 rolls of 1970-S and found three different styles I don't think it's that big of a deal. IMHO

P.S welcome to the forums, I'm sorry your question didn't get answered and I'm also sorry you weren't properly welcomed.

Is it because Im new?

BUNK!

Sorry, but since I am not knowledgable in the varieties of Lincoln cents, I suppose that means I just brag (about my lack of knowledge I suppose) and provide wishful thinking but not one bit of saavy other than about what I think or believe.

Well, here is one thing I believe, it is rude to post in a thread that asks a specific question only to tell the person that you have no knowledge to provide any useful response to their question. Hence my non-response to any of the questions you've asked so far.

Wow, you truly have atrocious people skills...especially if you meant to have your post come across as condescending as it appears to have for some members. I do not recall your previous posts, but I am certain now to be less inclined to help you in the future. (thumbs u

Doing a little homework on your posting history I can see that you asked a question within a WYNTK thread, which is really a poor place to post a question since it appears that most folks use those threads for reference and not active discussion. Your next question was asked within the Water Cooler forum, which again is not the place to ask a coin question. You then seem to have repeated that question within the US Coins section, which is the correct section, way to go with that post, Sparky! (thumbs u However, you couldn't even wait for 24-hours on a weekend for an answer before you resort to an alienating post.

Let me guess, you will not be a member who contributes anything positive, yet will cry like heck when you aren't satisfied immediatley.

Wow, TomB has some spunk! (thumbs u