• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Software

9 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards here, I see it is your first post.

I would agree that Excel is best. You can make it your own. I have looked at the other software out there for sell but by using them you are limiting yourself to their internal data such as values, grading tips, etc. No need to pay for something you can create yourself and not good to rely on one source solely for data or resources.

Rey

I use Pro-Coin. I've used this program for almost 2 yrs. now. It cost me a one time fee of $35. Besides inventory of US coins, it lets you create your own defined coins, graphs, inventory print-outs, add pictures, uses PCGS values for value updates. It also has free udates as long as you own the product. You can also downlaod it on more than one PC. It has a 30 day free full-version trial on the link above. Personally, I like it!!

I have Pro-Coin also and like it, but have just about totally moved to Excel for the quicker tracking chart of coin data with column for spares of collections and the like. If one uses access, knowledgeably, it could not be beat as it provides cross referencing to all coin data which no other program I know of does. In other words, if you want to reference all coins bought in May 2006 it will simply provide that info, or all ASE's bought that month or year or what ever. Great program but a larger learning curve. Welcome to the forum and good luck in your endeavors.