• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please tell me these washingtons are good for at least a cameo! PICS

14 posts in this topic

Well today some of the sets i ordered came in. This time it was a total of 18 1961 proof sets. Didnt get any error coins and no franklins had any frosty devices but 2 of them are flawless looking. Only 1 of the pennies was ok and only one of the dimes show great frost on the devices and no flaws. All the nickels had toning and none looked good enough to send but 5 washington quarters IMO look frosty as it gets. 3 of them are flawless even under the loupe and 2 have slight marks on the face. In the pic i included a normal looking proof just to give you an idea of the difference between these coins, this is the 4th coin from the left that is a normal one. Do you think these will be good for a cameo or ultra cameo designation ? Im pretty much dead on with the grade when i send them but have a lil trouble with these older coins on the cameo and ultra cameo part. These ones though are the best ive seen so far. Tell me what ya think!

61cameoquarters.jpg

61cameoquartersR.jpg

While im at it might as well post the dime as well. Again the second dime is just a normal proof. This one isnt extremely frosty but still stood out real fast.

61cameodime.jpg

61cameodimeR.jpg

Thanks guys i appreciate it! I tried taking a real pic of one of the quarter which had the slight rub mark on the face with the least amount of frost. lets just say i cant take a pic of a coin for my life with the camera i have lol. For laughs here it is, anyone want me to photo a coin for them hehehe

61cameoquarterobv.jpg

Coins 1 2 3 5 6 look good to me. Hard to say from the photos, but look Cam to me. Good luck!

I agree with Bruce here! Depending how Cam they look may go Ucam.

Even if they're high grade and cameo, are they worth the cost of grading?

Possibly. Raw these coins will only sell for a couple of dollars. Put them in an $11 slab and they might bring $15+, so worst case is that you receive the same return with the potential for much higher returns by getting a super high grade.

Five of them look like they might make UCAM. If they do, then they'll probably sell for $20+ making them clear winners, even if they are small winners.

Well i sent them off. Now its time to sit back and play the waiting game. I have another 24 sets of the 1961 sealed sets. I should have them in a couple days, if i find anything good ill make a post! Hopefully this time i get 5 franklins that looked like those quarters then that will be a real hit!